Working Doors

So I know that the CRJ-900 has working cabin doors and cargo doors and I was just wondering why we don’t have them on more aircraft? I think its a nice touch and I personally open them up when flying the CRJ-900 when getting my weight all set up to be a little more realistic.

Edit: I know that programming it for every aircraft would be difficult but I was just wondering why some more aircraft don’t have it. I have only seen it on the CRJ-900.

2 Likes

Yeah they should add that. It will be really cool.

1 Like

As Infinite Flight reworks more aircraft, they will be striving to reach the level of detail of the updated CRJ Family/A-10.

5 Likes

They were a new feature that was introduced with the CRJ’s and are slowly making their way onto other aircraft. :)

2 Likes

Ohhhhh. Nice. Thank you

1 Like

I didn’t realize that it was a new feature. Thank you. I just started playing like 3-4 weeks ago now

2 Likes

No problem, and I hope you are liking the program! 😁

1 Like

I love it so far. I am a GA pilot IRL and it’s great.

3 Likes

The DC-10 and MD-11 series also have working doors. Like stated earlier, every new reworked plane should have working doors, and maybe instruments :).

1 Like

I heard about them possibly doing working instruments which I am super excited about being a GA pilot myself

1 Like

The A-10 already has working instruments! But I hope they continue to add them on bigger aircraft. (or small :))

I will have to fly the A-10 then! Thank you!

1 Like

I’m glad! Here’s to a good year and major progress within the sim! 🥂

1 Like

Definitely! I recommend going to KLSV, it’s an air force base with some amazing scenery! (btw sorry for being off topic)

Ditto to that statement right there

1 Like

It’s alright. This post was probably in the wrong subcatagory anyways

1 Like

I mean the ultimate goal is obviously to get all aircraft to the same standards as the CRJ series and the A-10, however that just takes a lot of time and effort to do.

In the past, older aircraft were the standard in Infinite flight, but as they work on refurbishing and reworking all the aircraft, we will start to see more and more like the A10.

Patience is key!

Thank you. I’m just used to flying IRL with the instruments and everything. But I am slowly getting used to having a HUD

Having doors for planes like 777 or like a320 would be kinda unrealistic we don’t got the jetways yet unless they got the truck with the stairs it would look off and really unrealistic

3 Likes

One of the requirements aswell for these doors particularly the passenger doors which I for one would love on some heavies is that they need a cabin. For such reasons I would expect it only when an aircraft is built from the ground up or fully reworked to the current standards of IF models.

1 Like