Working Cockpit Instruments

I’ll toss a vote this way but ONLY if it includes a flight director

1 Like

Yah! I would love a flight director:)

Topic says working instruments. So if you want working instruments, go ahead.

1 Like

I have found that some feature requests aren’t fully thought out to the point where System A is related to switch B or request “A” is not mutually exclusive from another request like. So for instance working flight instruments for an airliner would include PFD, ND, autopilot linked in etc etc.

1 Like

That might happen :). We’ll just have to wait and see what will the devs do.

3 Likes

I’ll shoot you a PM with some of the things I’ve dreamed up lol-always looking for other user’s perspectives!

2 Likes

I like is Ideia !!!

I’ve heard that they are working on it.

1 Like

Where have you heard that?

2 Likes

I personally will not vote for this because we already have the app IF instruments and I just feel that it would be too hard to see everything n stuff

1 Like

They posted it on Twitter some time ago. :)

1 Like

First of all, that app is a workaround. It’s not a very immersive experience. And second, it’s not hard to see stuff unless you have a small screen. Other mobile flight simulators already do this.

1 Like

So is it just gonna be a visually pleasing update in the sense that we’ll have working altimeter and those sort of stuff but no interaction or can we click on buttons in the cockpit and activate say autopilot etc?

1 Like

No, not only visuals… Actually I included it in the request itself too as “when you click on it should zoom in for you and then you’d be able to do whatever you need to do over there”.

1 Like

If they do this, it would make flying IF so much more realistic. This would then actually be competing with X plane lol

Would depend on if we get: working cockpit instruments only / working cockpit instruments and working buttons / working instruments and aircraft systems on 3rd interface (my favorite)

Competing with X Plane would be the 2nd above

1 Like

I’m bumping this request because I just think that we definitely need this:).

Sorry:/

4 Likes

FDS already announced they were going to add this ik n last year

2 Likes

Along with X-Plane, a game released this summer (on mobile) called Airline Commander has live cockpit in it. It also has 3D terminals and moving jetways.

2 Likes

Can we please be clear, though? Because we have to remember that we are limited by screen space due to IF being a mobile sim. That is one of the reasons X-Plane has such a crappy mobile game in my opinion. Because they’re cockpit is like their desktop product, where you have to navigate the buttons and switches in the cockpit.

So, by working instruments, are we talking avionics, and read-outs like altitude, heading, speed, and engines stats? Or do you have to navigate around the cockpit in order to fly it, like in X-Plane and Flightgear?

If by “Cockpit Instruments” you mean the different read-outs like on an actual aircraft, then I will vote for it. But, if you are meaning a full-working 3D cockpit, where you have to navigate around the cockpit for aircraft functions then I will not vote for it.

In my opinion, the better option, in regards to aircraft systems and functions for a mobile sim like IF is something like this:

1 Like