Wonky Autopilot... Again

Anybody else experienced this? When I activate VNAV in the middle of descent the autopilot aggressively tries to level off then dives back down, causing the plane to bob up and down for a bit. Before 24.1 it would just continue the current pitch/VS. I fly the A320 family mostly so this is where I’ve seen it happen.

2 Likes

I think VNAV has to be configured prior to descent (activate it 10nm before TOD). I guess, if turned on in the middle of descent, it’ll do what you experienced

2 Likes

@Sturmovik is correct. VNAV must be engaged before your TOD in order to function properly.

Other people have had this problem its not just you. I haven’t experienced it yet, probably because I follow a strict decent procedure.
So it might be a issue of incorrectly turning Vnav on, or its a game Bug.

It happened to me today

It’s a game bug that was previously pointed out. It came about after the release of 23.3. Hope to see it fixed in 24.2!

1 Like

Yeah that happened to me a while ago. For some reason VNAV’s initial vertical speed target is 0, rather than the current VS. Seems like a fairly simple fix but we’ll see if it’s ever implemented.

2 Likes

no issues when I enable it before TOD! but it becomes a problem when I have to manually descend thru 10000ft in order to slow down to 250kts.

Known issue:

Please search the forum before creating topics. 😉

1 Like