Wondering reason for getting ghosted.

I was flying an A318 from London City to New York’s JFK. I reached 40,000 ft and then increased my speed to 470 kts, but came back a few minutes later to check my status and it said that I was ghosted due to the number of violations I had accrued in those several minutes. Then when I checked back, it said I had no ghostings, but had accrued 6 violations. I had thought that at 40,000 ft you could go as fast as you want, but I guess I’m wrong. I don’t understand why I was ghosted, or even got violations while I was flying and would simply like to know why - not trying to dispute.
Thanks!

1 Like

Please use this link:

You were most likely over-speeding. Over-speeding happens when your speed starts to head into the red little marks on the speed indicator.

7 Likes

Not really relevant for a violation ghost. Thanks for trying to help, though.

3 Likes

470kts is the giveaway, way over the aircrafts speed restrictions. Should be no more than 340kt. A318 I’d go for 300/320kts M0.82

2 Likes

Yeah its not ghosting, violations are not given above 10,000ft anymore for speed restrictions however there are overspeed limits which are what you likely received

What were you doing 200 ft above the service ceiling?

1 Like

It’s called a violation ghost. I believe you can get them if you get too many violations while in flight (client-violations).

1 Like

But then, what is the speed limit at 40,000?

Whatever the little red marks on the speed indicator says. It’s different on all aircraft. If you want to go fast without violations, try out the “Casual Server” on Infinite Flight.

The speed limit is whatever MMO is set for the aircraft. I think it’s M.82 for the A318.

3 Likes

There isn’t one, check you HUD, it will show you using a red indicator what the limit is. it tends to be around 240KIAS, if anyone has more accurate information share away

Ok, I was under the impression that you could go as fast as you want above a certain altitude

as fast as your plane can handle…

2 Likes

This is another good example of the suggestion I made to add ghostings and warnings to the log book.

(shameless plug… but worth it)

2 Likes