Wondering how to file a long haul flight plan to fly efficiently

hello y’all
I have taken a break from IF for about over a year and I have decided to start flying again. I am wondering if there is any application or website etc. to use to file a long haul flight plan that can make an efficient plan with the winds. Like if i were to fly from KAUS (Austin) to EGLL (London Heathrow), I would make a direct path flight plan but there might be a strong headwind over the Atlantic. But there is a wind pattern that gives you a 50 knot headwind that is 200 miles to the south over the atlantic ocean. thanks

Hey so there is simbrief.com and FPLtoIF.com which both are every good places to get Flight Plans for long hauls. It will give you fuel amount and everything else you need on simbrief.com

1 Like

Hello and welcome back to IF!

As @Trevor_A has mentioned, I’d recommend using www.fpltoif.com made by our very own @Chris_S .

1 Like

Will those applications coordinate the flight plan to the wind patterns?

Yes! It takes the wind into consideration whilst making the FPL.

1 Like

All you got to do is copy and paste the FPL in. If you go and look at winds you can adjust from their.

1 Like

Awesome! I looked at both of those and I think I will choose FPL to IF! (Much much more user friendly!) thank you so much @Transport_Hub and @Trevor_A!

There is also this How To Incorporate North Atlantic Tracks (and others) Into Your Flight Plan

Topic which will show you if your doing an Atlantic crossing where you can cross going over the ocean

1 Like

No worries! We’re here to help :)

If you want to go more in-depth, take a look at what Trevor posted above, but for starters, fpltoif is a great first point.

1 Like

Always glad to help. @Transport_Hub or I will help you create a FPL in a PM if you need help any further.

Thanks
Trevor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.