Wonderful day spotting @ Toronto Pearson (CYYZ) on Runway 23

I went down to runway 23 at Toronto Pearson on this wonderful afternoon to spot some magnificent aircraft taking off and landing. I’ve included a video at the bottom as well. I hope you guys enjoy! :)

Lufthansa 747-400 LH470 inbound from Frankfurt

British Airways 777

Air Canada 787

Air Canada Rouge 767-300ER

Aer Lingus 757-200

Cathay Pacific taking off to Hong Kong:

Edit: Air Canada 777-200LR inbound from Copenhagen
(Thanks for the correction @HV9690)

Lufthansa 747 taxiing to parking. West Jet 737-700NG holding short runway 23

West Jet Q400

American A319 inbound from Los Angeles

VIDEO: AER LINGUS 757 LANDING + AVIANCA A320 TAKING OFF (Avianca part is a tad boring I’ll admit)

17 Likes

Beautiful photos. Wish I had such a nice place to take photos at my local airport.

3 Likes

Thanks!! I’m glad you like them!

2 Likes

Same here With @Sturmovik :( . My airport isn’t too friendly for taking such a Good Photos. Btw, Those Photos are beautiful indeed :D

3 Likes

Next time I’ll bring my DSLR and take better quality photos. I used my phone for these lol. But I need to go on a Thursday when Emirates comes with their A380 :)

1 Like

Good joke.

2 Likes

Looking forward for your next one :D

1 Like

Me too. Orlando sucks. It is plane spotter hell.

3 Likes

If my local airport was that close to a major road like in Toronto, I’ll be there everyday for the rest of my life.

6 Likes

@Narroc_Wim Same here :(
@CptNathanHope It will be very Lucky to Do some spotting on there

Let’s back to topic btw

4 Likes

Theres another road thats super close by and you can take even better shots. But security guards that area hardcore. You need to walk and bike to get there if you want to take pictures, but I need a car to get there and theres nowhere to park. Butthe current road I go to will suffice lol

2 Likes

Haha, I flew in on that very same Aer Lingus 757-200 to Toronto Pearson yesterday! I spent today spotting at Toronto City Billy Bishop Airport.

3 Likes

Nothing that a “May I take some photos for my spotting website?” won´t do. At least you can try.

2 Likes

A good way to spend a nice afternoon. It was nice here this afternoon where I live too. Sadly my local airport has no good spotting sites. If it did, then I would be there all day.

I don’t think they care about the photos. Its just cars stopping on the side of the road for people to take photos. And theres nothing around that area too because it used to be the entrance to Terminal 2 (which is closed down now). So its just a lonely desolate road, and I guess they don’t want people clogging up the road to spot planes.

2 Likes

@Sturmovik and yes, we don’t have a Terminal 2. We just have Terminal 1 and 3. Very weird…

2 Likes

If I’m Not wrong, Toronto’s Terminal 2 was demolished Due to Ageing structure

1 Like

It was! I’m just not sure why they didn’t rename it.

1 Like

777-200LR Air Canada, they never operated 777-200ER’s

Anyways great pic, I’m heading up to the dirt hill in Vancouver soon to do some spotting

3 Likes

I already saw these, but still beautiful. I’m glad you were able to post them ;)

1 Like