Woman dragged off Southwest Airlines Flight After Alerting Crew Of A Life-Threatening Pet Allergy

Please do not think negative to Southwest Airlines just for no reason. This happened last night (9-26-17) on a BWI-LAX flight on Southwest Airlines after passengers had already boarded. What is your opinion on this and should this have been treated better? Story linked below:

Also, I have linked a Youtube video by Southwest Airlines about the incident:

Please be honest, kind, and respectful to others regarding this topic.

11 Likes

From what I understand, Southwest (and most other airlines) ask their passengers to report allergies before the flight so proper accommodations can be made. From what I understand, she neglected to report this until they had already boarded, so I understand why they asked her to remove herself.

Again, it is sad that it had to come down to forcing her off, and the officers were a bit excessive, but I understand the decision.

13 Likes

Oh no…now the news is going to create a huge riot…please let the media not know about this. We don’t need a whole nother “united” incident. No no no.

On the flip side, I love Frontier. Get it? Flip? Flip the Dolphin? Haha oh hey a door

10 Likes

@SkyHighGuys @Reedgreat thanks for your opinion! I agree on both!

1 Like

Too late they already do I just saw it on the news.

2 Likes

Well I think I’m going underground…alert me when the media bombs have stopped.

6 Likes

I think this incident is big enough to have a right to be posted. Pretty sure that is what you mostly comment on a lot of people’s #real-world-aviation incident reports.

2 Likes

Probably 20-30 years from now.

2 Likes

Thank you lol. But in all seriousness I think this is an incidents to let blow over. The media better not make a big deal out of this. I truly cannot believe I’d be saying that about an airline I’ve never loved, but no airline, no matter how bad, deserves that type of negative media attention.
#DownWithMediaReports

2 Likes

what happened to we only beat our competitors, not you?

this is horrible, No one should be dragged off a plane.

JUST SAYING

7 Likes

Just let it go man. It creates thought and conversation. If you don’t like it, flag it, or private message the author. No need to go off topic.

4 Likes

To late already blown way out of proportion not now but very soon.

1 Like

I understand where you are coming from.

2 Likes

Well then…hmm! Lol

2 Likes

That is coming from someone with 1 topic created in your entire time here… “Don’t need to be on this topic if you don’t want to be on this topic”

Wake me up in three months when the media is done with it.

1 Like

I can’t wake you up if I’m sleeping from the media.

2 Likes

P.s. everyone even a southwest flight attendant said it
Proof

3 Likes

Let’s build a bunker to avoid the media bombs

3 Likes

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/09/27/southwest-offers-second-worst-apology-ever-passenger-dragging-incident/

I found this article.

2 Likes