WN Retro Max 8 & More! @PHX

welcome to this hastily thrown together spotting topic featuring the delivery flight of the classic retro livery on the brand new 737 max. It was very exciting to be among the first people to have seen this new jet!

personally retro liveries on modern planes don’t pair well in my opinion but it’s still such a cool livery to spot.

enjoy

a plain swa 738 glides down to runway 25L

a max 8 from hawaii also glides down to runway 25L

the third swa in a row this time landing on 25R

there’s the pesky AA max 8 with the winglet logo

westjet smokes up the runway from canada

the only time the sun came out and this shot resulted from that

Melissa getting a push to head down to mexico

twas a fire sunset though

this absolute crap edit of Tennessee 1

and finally what you’ve all been waiting for is the brand new Retro max 8! i’m excited to catch it in good light next time

favorite

0 voters

rate!

0 voters

thanks

26 Likes

Teach me how to edit? 🥺

2 Likes

beautiful! love 871

1 Like

They couldve done more with Tennessee one so it wasnt just all red lmao. Aweome shots!!

1 Like

The first two photos would make an awesome top-bottom comparison of the NG vs MAX! I looked pretty hard and can’t find any differences between the two angles. Good way to show the differences in profiles (and the similarities, of course). Awesome shots, and congrats on seeing the Retro MAX!

3 Likes

The SWA max looks awesome. The AA max…not so much :p
Great pictures!

1 Like

I’m not Canadian but I love that Westjet!

1 Like

Lovely shots. Great to see so many Maxes out and on the go! Particularly all the Southwest ones, they’re the prettiest.
This new Desert Gold looks terrific! Do we know if it was a test or a delivery flight?

1 Like

a lil bit of adobe lightroom mobile and a dream

Yes it looks great. Btw its also ETOPS certified which means eventually it may go to hawaii.

Thank you! TN1 looked much better on the -700 but hey at least we got it back

Haha I didnt even notice that, that is very cool.

Thank you! It was a pleasure to see.

I agree. AA maxes look bland. Thank you!

Yes i think it had the smoothest landing of the night!

Thank you! The Retro max 8 was on its delivery flight! Meaning it will start commercial service in the next couple of days!

3 Likes

The prophecy of the three spotters has come true

I have it I just can’t figure it out lol

1 Like

Hope it does! Ive seen the re-registered max 8’s that appear as united dc-10’s that are brand new come here

Wanted to vote for the tennessee 1 livery as its my home state but i like the retro max more 😂