WMBT hardest approach in IF

Hey guys, theres an airport in Singapore and Kual Lumpur. Its called WMBT.
You should try landing there. Tell me how it goes if you cam do it try it in a Cessna 208 then do it in an A-380 or 747. Someone in my crew told me about it

3 Likes

I just tried and to be honest it was pretty fun! I love the approaches where the only way to do it is to circle around! Did it on a 777-200 though

Hi! I think that was me and @globespan yesterday doing a little experiment for a possible future event there. It’s certainly challenging!
:) ;)

1 Like

I tried it again this morning with a 737 flew over from Malacca landing in 02 was even better doing a full straight in approach from the mainland as you see the island and the hills coming up on the horizon

1 Like

I managed to get to a full stop on 02 aswell. But I had to come in at about 75Kts on an ERJ! :) ;)

1 Like

they have other airports in IF that the approach is more challenging than this one…attempt 7A8 in Charlotte region runway 32…

Wow, tough approach, really enjoyable though!

In my opinion, WMBT is more challenging than 7A8.

3 Likes

What i did in the cessna 208 was flying towards the airport from the ocean at low level then right when i got near the runway i turned and landed safe

1 Like

That was to easy

1 Like

Hardest approach in IF?
Made it at the first try without major troubles.
With the C208, from both sides of the runway.

Just decided to have a go with this airport and I just realized something: Once I tried to fly an AA 757 from SIN to WMBT. Needless to say, I didn’t land well :grin:.

Trying out the approach using a 208 now.

Tried going in from the logical end of the runway-Not hard. Not going over the mountain though-Not realistic at all.

1 Like

I landed an ERJ,777&A380 on Runway 02! It took Practise! :) ;)

I would agree

1 Like

there is another on SanFran region…will get the name for you

59 CA in the San.Fran

yes @dush19…thats the one i was trying to remember…very good…THANKS

1 Like

Its actually easy you just head directly toward sthe airport and make a 90 degree bank for the runway

1 Like

3 months of inactivity