With You

let me clarify, usually I have a flightplan before I turn on any lights on my aircraft. I stick to my flightplan. Lets say I have to switch to an approach or center frequency. I say I am with you because I am on their frequency and following my flightplan. but if I see heavy sequencing to the airport I am planning on landing at then I let them know I am requesting an approach in.

Read the tutorial it is there for when you switch from one radar facility to another tower isn’t a radar facility.

Upon first contact with a radar facility state your intentions dont use with you

So why is there with you

Your first contact should always be your intentions. Check in is just a waste of time at that point. If your first contact was departure and you were handed off to center, then you can use check in as your strip already shows your intentions. It you are flying to an airport with approach, that is probably because it is busy and you will not be able to fly your flight plan. Excellent rant Tom.

1 Like

Stop questioning it… Follow this example each time!

1 Like

With you is only when handed off to the next radar facility.

1 Like

Seriously 🙄

2 Likes

Let me clarify , this is after you have already requested vectors or an ILS approach . You may be in a holding pattern or just waiting for further instructions ,just be patient .

2 Likes

I’m not on about saying with you after saying intentions

1 Like

All the information on how to contact radar correctly is above.

1 Like

Need to improve ATC system. Once told to expect vectors, ILS, etc, remove ability to request the same thing again. Replace “with you” with “[callsign] at [altitude]”.

3 Likes

@anon66442947 You need to rephrase the 1st post. Instead of complaining, you could have easily said this statement and avoided this senseless argument but at the same time given a clear and concise explanation.

"With you is the command used for contacting a radar tower like approach so that he/she knows you have been handed off from center and are no longer following Center’s instruction. This also works the other way around. Now… if you jump on an approach or center frequency from an airport tower just say your intentions, ATC will know what you need and proceed from there. "

1 Like

Now, can someone tell me what do you send to ATC, if you joined their frequency but would like to and plan on continuing your own navigation? Because up to this point, I believed “With you” was to serve this purpose.

Just wait for approach to fit you into the pattern. You guys see how crazy it is.

1 Like

ATC has the final say over whether or not to allow you to follow your flight plan. If they say resume own navigation, you can follow it. If they issue vectors, follow them.

2 Likes

Oh ok my bad I normally do but it’s good to know ;)

Who are you “with” ?