Winter Weather

January is upon us and inevitably the weather will become increasingly worse, including the wind conditions; (lots of sideways action to come).

I’m currently routing down to LEMG and experiencing 100kt+ on the nose which is a drift angle of roughly 9°!

What weather conditions are we all experiencing today?

4 Likes

I recommend using windy.com as it gives you all the winds at different altitudes.
Currently these are the winds at FL390 (you can’t select FL370 so FL390 is the closest)

I don’t think it was posed as a question, it was more of a statement and a general question to what winds everyone else is getting due to the colder weather.

4 Likes

For me it’s just gonna be depression. Rain, painfully strong winds, mud and the alien substance known as snow.

1 Like

Snow Next! 😩😩

1 Like

I was flying over the English Channel at 28.000 ft and had a head wind of over 100 kts

That’s a interesting way if naming headwind 🙃

2 Likes

Flying from Seoul to San Francisco with a 150 knot tailwind, 700 knots (800 MPH) ground speed

1 Like

Had 166 knots of wind above the Atlantic yesterday:

1 Like

For some reason in New York, it’s 70 degrees and sunny, even though it’s January. (???)

1 Like

Here in the Philly suburbs it’s 65 and I’m enjoying my short sleeves and shorts

2 Likes

Canada is being weird. Usually here in toronto, we’d be in the middle of a snow storm. Not this year. This year in Toronto, it’s all rain. When we do get snow, it stays for a day or two and gets washed away from the rain.

Its called global warming, my friends :)

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and the weather here is suspiciously uneven.
Some mornings I have to put multiple layers on until I look like Ernest Shackleton and the other morning it’s 12°c which for England in January is positively tropical.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.