Winter spotting at London Gatwick (EGKK/LGW)

Hello Everyone!
Yesterday I took a trip over to Gatwick for some spotting, it isn’t the easiest airport to spot at, but it is one of the most rewarding when you get it right! So, for this trip, I went with a fresh mindset and some new ideas on how to shoot there and I think I managed to take a few good shots. So below are both of the photos that I am most happy with, I wouldn’t say they reflect my best work but they are examples of me trying to think outside the box when It comes to angles and edits.

Emirates A380 leaving Gatwick for Dubai

Virgin Atlantic 747, G-VLIP, departing for Orlando

And I thought I'd through some RAW files in here as well because why not:

TUI 787 leaving for the tropics

BA 777-200ER departing for the Caribbean

Thank you for viewing my photos!

40 Likes

First picture is beautiful! Great job. @Moritz? 🤣😂

2 Likes

I love the first one a lot! Good pictures!

1 Like

Gatwick?
Easy like.

Amazing first shot!

2 Likes

Thanks! I always find it hard to get a good angle at Gatwick, the photos are either backlit or obstructed by trees 🤷‍♀️😂

1 Like

Or you know… Go to the train station.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been a few times its a very good spot. Probably the only one where you gat a decent amount of good photos!

When the A380 is reworked, just post this picture. Done. Kaboom.

5 Likes

Exactly what i was thinking lol

2 Likes

Oh wait I think I follow you on IG lol I was like why does this a380 pic look familiar

1 Like

😂 I put it up yesterday, and thanks for following!

1 Like

WOW! Love that first pic. The others are good too.

1 Like

Great first pic! The other shots are nice angles - give a great outline of the aircraft

1 Like

Nice! I’ll be taking Virgin Atlantic from mco to Gatwick this summer!

1 Like

Wow! Really interesting shots, the Emirates one is a really cool idea and the B747 and B777 ones are really nice perspectives too!
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! It was the first time I shot in that way so all the positive feedback is great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.