Winter Break Trip to Naija - Lagos to Miami

We have made it on the second part as we depart Naija πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ heading back to the USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ but headed to the 305 πŸŒ΄πŸ˜ŽπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ MIAMI by connecting to Doha πŸ‡ΆπŸ‡¦. We flew Qatar Airways Flight 1406 from Lagos to Doha and then laid over for 4 hours before we caught our loonng flight Qatar Airways Flight 777 from Doha to Miami. So here go the shots among this trip.

First Flight: Qatar Airways Flight 1406 - πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ Lagos to Doha πŸ‡ΆπŸ‡¦
Aircraft: Boeing 787-8
Origin: Murtala Muhammed Int’l Airport (DNMM)
Destination: Hamad International Airport (OTHH)
Flight Time: 6hrs 35mins
Server: Expert

Here we are at Gate E55 at Lagos airport as the sunsets before we start boarding our flight to Doha

As it got dark, here we go as we took off RWY 18R from Lagos πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬. GOODBYE NAIJA πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ We’ll see you soon. We had a great time in Nigeria and it is time for us to head back to the USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Reached our cruising altitude as we cruise at FL370 step climbing to FL410 flying over N’jamena Chad πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡©. The flight attendants served us dinner which I chose Jollof Rice with beef, bread roll with butter, mousse cake, a bottle of water from Naija πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ and a choice of Sprite. Then for breakfast, I had ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich with a strawberry yogurt and orange juice.

Six hours later, we are on final RWY 34R for landing at Doha airport.

And we have arrived to Gate E4 at Hamad International Airport as we arrive really early

That completes our connection flight to Doha and time for us to layover for four hours before we head to Miami as we transfer to Gate C6 after we go through the customs inspection and the security checkpoint

Final Flight: Qatar Airways Flight 777 - πŸ‡ΆπŸ‡¦ Doha to Miami πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Origin: Hamad International Airport (OTHH)
Destination: Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Flight Time: 16hrs 35mins
Server: Expert

This is it. We are ready to board this looonnnngggg flight down to the 305 πŸŒ΄πŸ˜ŽπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ on this A350 aircraft at Gate C6 at Doha airport. Feel comfy and get some sleep as this flight is very long

Up, up, up and away as we take off RWY 34L from Doha πŸ‡ΆπŸ‡¦ heading to Miami πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Cruising at FL360 as we cross the Atlantic Ocean after flying over the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Western Europe. Note that we started from FL320 and step climbed FL360, FL380 and reached our final cruising altitude to FL400. We had breakfast service which was bacon, scrambled eggs with potatoes, yogurt and I got tea. Then we had lunch twice and the first lunch service was pasta with Alfredo sauce, a bread roll with butter, chick pea salad, and vanilla ice cream plus sprite again. Then lunch number 2 was the same sides but with steak and mashed potatoes. Then we had a pre-landing snack which was a ham and cheese sandwich with crackers and cheese rolls that I didn’t want and a bottle of water. And lastly, an ice cream bar before began our descent. We were sleeping the whole time in between meals since it was a long flight

After almost 17 hours in the sky, we are on final RWY 9, about to touch down Miami as ATC was active today. Here goes the scary part. The scary part about the landing was that as the captain forgot to lower speed, he put full flaps and when he disengaged the autopilot, the plane pitched the nose up so violently that we were about to die in here. So the pilot corrected that and we were okay as we normally touched down Miami

And here we are as we arrived to Terminal C Gate E23 at Miami International Airport after a loooonnnng flight from Doha. Oh Man. I’m very tired 😴 πŸ₯±.

That completes our trip to Miami. It’s time for us to exit the aircraft to head to Borders/Custom immigration for passport inspection and then baggage claim to claim our bags. After that, we’ll exit the airport and head home for a short vacation as I celebrate by 22nd birthday coming up on Friday as I turn 22 years old before we head home back to St. Louis on American Airlines. So thank you for flying with me and I will post my final shots regarding our trip home to St. Louis. Be safe and have a good night Infinite Flight community.

15 Likes