[WINNER ANNOUNCED] | The THIRD IFC Spotting Competition

CURRENT STATUS: WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Due to popular demand, the photo competition is back. This time around, priority will be given to those to HAVE NOT participated in one of these before.

Like before, there are sixteen total spots open. Rounds are single-elimination, and matchups are randomized each round. There will be no bracket. You will be going mostly blind into your rounds.

There are a few simple guidelines when entering this competition:

• Past Participation - For the first day after this thread is posted, no one who has competed in a photo competition on IFC before will be allowed to join. I will deny your submission. After a one-day period, if the competition is not yet full, I will open it up to everyone.

• Photo Quality - I’ll try my best to avoid denying anyone from the competition, but please keep your photos to an “acceptable” quality. If you have a phone, be careful how much you’re cropping. If you submit a contrail picture that’s cropped to like two pixels you will not be allowed to enter.

• Voting - The contestants will know who they are facing. The voters will not know who took the pictures, to reduce bias. Voting lasts for one day, and votes will be closed after and results displayed. Contestants can vote for themselves. This goes without saying, but do not promote yourself on any platform.

• Photo Categories - I’m loosening this requirement slightly. Everyone who enters should have at least one photo in every category, but in the rare case you don’t, submit something as close as possible (for example, if you don’t have a heavy, submit a 757). Do not abuse this rule. The categories are as follows:

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
Any Single-Aisle Aircraft Heavy Any

To enter, simply DM me an image

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

34 Likes

This sounds fun! I’ll enter :)

3 Likes

Dang, this one’s more flexible compared to the last one… didn’t have any good cargo pics.

GL everyone participating.

3 Likes

24 hours till I can join, going to watch this thread like a hawk

3 Likes

Who was the winner of the last one?

2 Likes

I sent you a submission!

This is going to be awesome. My first spotting competition!

3 Likes

If this has a cargo category, PANC is literally the best for this, so… watch out, lol.

3 Likes

Need your revenge on @Altaria55?

3 Likes

It doesn’t but they work in the other categories.

Yours truly

3 Likes

You probably rigged it didn’t you 😂

2 Likes

I wasn’t even the one running it lol

2 Likes

Yay, no cargo round… going to try and join if possible.

1 Like

If they have a “heavies” category you can take this easily…

1 Like

Ohohoooo yeah

And those at KLAX, KJFK, or basically any other airport, lol.

We do get a lot here though!

2 Likes

@Robertine you should enter this! It’d be cool to have some real competition, lol

2 Likes

He gotta wait 24h

1 Like

I joined, hope you signed me up!

2 Likes

Me and my iPotato will join, give the iPotato some creds

4 Likes

So I participated in the last one can I do this one

1 Like

Yes, but you have to wait 24 hours after the topic was posted to give new people a chance

3 Likes