Wings Over Houston 2016

Last weekend I attended the Wings Over Houston airshow at Ellington airport. This is the second time I’ve gone to this airshow, and I have to say, it’s awesome! It’s great to see aviation enthusiasts gather together for a special event such as this one. They had static displays as well as airshows. My absolute favorite was when the Blue Angels performed in their F/A-18s.

B-52 Stratofortress.

Aeroshell T-6 Texans performing a looping.

Iconic apache helicopter.

Boeing C-17 Globemaster display.

U.S. Coast Guard HC-130H nose. Fun fact: I asked one of the pilots at the C-130 display and they said the nose is shaped how it is for de-icing purposes. They shoot out de-icing fluid out of the tip of the nose. The camera mounted on the bottom of the nose is an infrared camera.

C-130 flight deck.

F-16. Also a warbird flying by in the background.

This was also one of my favorites. Attack on Pearl Harbor reenactment.

26 Likes

Awesome, I’ve always wanted to see the Blue Angeles:D

2 Likes

Incredible!! Wish I could go

2 Likes

They’re awesome. I have a short clip of them that I might post a bit later. :)

3 Likes

This looks awesome. I got to see the blue angels a few years back.

2 Likes

That looks like an amazing air show. I wish I could go to something like this. Hope you had fun! :)

2 Likes

Do you have a picture of the b-25?

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s one hiding in the picture of the F-16. Other than that, I have no pictures of it.

1 Like

That looks so cool and fun. That Pearl Harbor reenactment was amazing

1 Like

The effort and planning they put into that was extraordinary.

3 Likes

I’ve seen the Blue Angles fly several times, they are amazing

Son of a…you beat me to it. I’m almost done going through my photos and videos to post them on here, as I went on Saturday.

1 Like

Here are some that I got of the B-25!

3 Likes

My wife and I were planning to go out to Ellington Field on Sunday but she was sick all weekend :(

Loooks like a great time! I’ve seen the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds perform and much prefer the Blue Angels show.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.