Wings Air, Lion Air planes collide on taxiway at Medan airport

Medan airport gotta extend its taxiways 🔛 in this case!!
☺☺✈
indonesia-plane-collision-lion-air_650x400_71501747045

4 Likes

Wow that really bad. Makes me wonder how fast the planes were going when they collided, almost looks like a missile was shot at it.
There goes a few million $$ of insurance money

Glad no one was seriously hurt

3 Likes

Lucky no one was injured… 😀 but would cost the airline 💵 to fix them…

The one thing I find funny, is that two planes from the same parent company collided each other…

In case you do not know (which is unlikely) Wings Air is the domestic carrier for Lion Air…

And also,

Apparently both planes were moving, so the force of one wing hitting the other is greater than one stationary plane colliding with a moving one…

And then there’s size, the 737 is obviously larger than the ATR 72, and we probably know that the larger the mass, the more force there is…

Simple…

If I get anything wrong, feel free to roast me, I have no self-esteem

6 Likes

That’s some serious damage

Here are some footages that I got from a fellow Medan spotter. This incident became a headline yesterday in Indonesia. I’m sure this isn’t the first time that a Lion Air Group owned plane collided with another plane. The only difference is, this time it involved two airplanes from the same parent company
Screenshot_20170803_204737

But again it’s Lion Air with low human resources quality. I do hope they can improve their safety someday

2 Likes

Wow, yet another wing clipping, it feels like a week ago the last one happened

2 Likes

Lion Air, they are known for unsafety but I’ve never seen a collide on the taxiway!

1 Like

My god… TS1 is infecting the real world!

9 Likes

@SingaporeAirlines posted that exact same Wikipedia article higher up in chat ^^^ :)

2 Likes

Oh sorry I’ll delete my comment :)

2 Likes

I can’t call the airline as a “domestic carrier” as around 95% of Lion Air’s destinations are located within Indonesia (domestically). I think “Regional Airline” is a better phrase to explain Wings imo 😉

Wings Air serves remote parts of Indonesia (Mainly on Eastern Indonesia) using a huge fleet of ATR-72s

3 Likes

They also used to have dash 8s and all red Md 80s right?

1 Like

I thought lion air operate to Brisbane?

But I guess that’s why u said 95% of their flights are domestic!

2 Likes

Wow that’s kind of dope. But mistakes do happen

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.