wingmandude's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hello fellow members,

So I have future plans for IFATC or maybe TSATC and for IFATC I have not yet met requirements. But I wanted to just know how good my ATC skills were so I made this thread. I want to practice and improve over time and provide ATC service. Feedback is appreciated as always.

Side note: I have not played infinite flight in a few months so i may have forgotten a few things

• Training server
1 Like

Hello wingmandude! My username is Humars and my callsign is N687HS, I was one of your attendants for your session today. It has been a nice flight, but not to forget here’s your general feedback:

Strengths:

You did a fantastic job in giving me clearence to back taxi while also simultaneously giving me the clearence to line up and wait! You also did a great job in sequencing and properly giving the correct clearances in a timely manner!

Improvements:

I would say the only mistake you made was in my second circuit around the airport, when I was both on crosswind then downwind you never gave me a beforehand clearence. To make sure you have given me a clearence to land or for the option, you should check the flight strip to your right and see if the runway your initially clearing them for is green. If it’s green, you’ve cleared them and if it’s white you haven’t.

Overall, you did wonderful and hope to see you in your next session!

2 Likes

I wanted to fly more rounds but u called closing :(
When i tell u to full stoo u still clear3d me for option. That would give me the choice to t&g. Its better to give clearance for landing :)

Choose an airport with 2 parallel rwys. Thats more fun and simulates more the testing situation. I can suggest LEPA EDDM EDDT GCLP EGCC :)

2 Likes

Oh alright

Thanks for this, that’s something new i learnt :)

2 Likes

Oh, wow. Never knew I actually gave you vital information :/.

1 Like

Thanks, I had Bangkok-Dong Mueang in mind, or maybe Muscat

1 Like

If wingmandude cleared you for the option before reporting your position, then the option will still stand but it will give the controller a heads up that you will be landing if you are going to land.

1 Like

I was only there for a short time so not much I can say. You knew what you were doing in keeping me seperated from other aircrafts by issuing the i’ll call your base and giving me a sequence and clearance.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for feedback, not sure if I’ll be open tomorrow, but will be open on Saturday hopefully

2 Likes

Like @Hellople said, if you’ve already cleared them for the option, the option still stands. However, if you haven’t cleared them yet, you must still clear them for the option as they didn’t request a landing.

If they request inbound for landing, you can clear them for landing. Otherwise, clear them for the option.

2 Likes

Sorry is this to me or Paul?

1 Like

To Paul, not to you.

1 Like

Now open at OOMS!

Remarks

• Landing Runways 08L and 08R
  • Departing runways 08L and 08R
  • Intersection departures allowed

Will be open for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, hop along to the desert for some patterns

1 Like

Closing in about 10 minutes

1 Like

OOMS is now closed. Good day!

1 Like

Now open at VTBD!

Remarks

• Landing Runways 21L and 21R
  • Departing runways 21L and 21R
  • Intersection departures allowed

Will be open for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, come to Thailand for some patterns! If no one comes I’ll close after 30 minutes.

1 Like

VTBD is now closed. Good day!

1 Like

Now open at CYYC!

Remarks

• Landing Runways 17L and 17R
  • Departing runways 17L and 17R
  • Intersection departures not allowed

Will be open for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, come to Thailand for some patterns! If no one comes I’ll close after 30 minutes.

1 Like

CYYC is now closed. Good day!

1 Like

Hello wingmandude! My username is Humars and my callsign is N687HS, I was one of the attendants for your session today. It has been a nice flight, but not to forget here’s your general feedback:

Strengths:

You did fantastic/wonderful! All requests were handled correctly in a timely manner!

Improvements:

You didn’t really need to give me a runway expectation because there wasn’t any aircraft that would prevent me from going to my desired runway :/ (it also says in the ATC manual to use the runway expection along with the pushback clearance less, unless circumstances require it for safety purposes). As I was turning into crosswind and early downwind on my first circuit, you didn’t give me a beforehand clearence for the option into which you have corrected that mistake in the second circuit, just make sure to keep that in mind.

Overall you did fantastic/wonderful and hope to see you in your next session!

1 Like