Winglet/winglet less option

This is a feature I have really wanted! It would allow for a lot more customization since a lot of airlines have either winglets or no winglets on a certain aircraft. You got my vote on this!

Also we could add a feature to change the engine type as well. American uses both CFM and IAE engines on their A320 family aircraft. It would be awesome if we could change the engines as well.

1 Like

Which one or the A320 has fences instead of sharklets? (or the opposite)
If there is a problem, I’m sure it will be changed (it was already done once in the past)

1 Like

Chucked a vote ive had a think and I would love this! Things like the a320 would work really well with this.

It’s not that these are wrongly chosen, just sometimes the choice seems a bit random as Swiss‘ A321 has sharklets in IF, while pre-COVID only 2 out of the more than 10 A321s were equipped with these. This is one example for what I was referring to. It is not a problem or mistake though, hence no correction is needed :)

1 Like

Definitely, like Air France’s A320

2 Likes

Yes! Give this more support!

1 Like

Mods notice this!

Love the idea, but I think it will be harder to actually do this than you actually think.
But like I said I love the idea and, if the dev team can pull it off, I’d love it

I really want this to happen…Can’t wait to fly no Winglet 737 Family/757/A320 also with no Winglets on the 737-700 looks like those Classic -300s (idk if that counts but they do look similar)

1 Like

I don’t think it could be that hard. They quickly changed the engine and winglet type of the United 757 during the 20.3 beta testing so it’s possible. Of course I’m no developer so I have no idea.

1 Like

Yeah maybe i don’t know

What about older aircrafts like the 767? C750? Even the E Jets also

Obviously those can’t work because their models are too old. But the newer aircraft like the A320, 737, and the 757 could work.

1 Like

Bumpin this to see whats everyone thoughts

I like the idea, certainly would spice up dedicated airline events.

2 Likes

I’ve Voted!!!

2 Likes

Great! Since Delta (for example) has 757 that don’t have winglets, this addition will make the sim more realistic. However, they have to add another registration.

2 Likes

Loving the idea! Just like different airlines choose different engines(hoping we can choose different engines for a certain type of aircraft too! ), winglets also vary from one airline to another. And even in the same company there are different options. You hav emu vote!

1 Like

I really don’t know to that question. I would appreciate it if we can change the winglets on any aircraft. It would be a very good idea to change the winglets. Plus it would be more popular if we could rename the planes to SunCountry, Sunwing, Aeromexico, KLM, Prime Air and very many Alaska’s Special Liveries because that would be so amazing if we could do that. I will try to vote for this!

I’d say allow all configurations on the generic livery. However, allowing different configurations on commercial liveries could cause storage issues if the tip of the wing is not white.

2 Likes