Wing Condensation

@Manuel_Macedo… MaxSez: Good Job, Manuel, just to add a bit more tech:

During the landing phase, the angle of attack of the aircraft is higher compared to other regimes. This is the reason condensation clouds are formed during this phase of flight,

However, the clouds are also formed during any subsonic maneuver that reduced pressure over the upper surface of the wings, like high-g turns.

Source: avstop.com

2 Likes

I would change the title and description a bit. This phenomenon is not just found on the wing.
It does also happen for example at the turbine intakes or at the tip of a prop.

@Manuel_Macedo

5 Likes

Yes this would be great! Definitely voting. Except it may end up like tire smoke πŸ˜•

8 Likes

This feature would be great in Infinite Flight definitely voting. Just hopes this won’t lag the game though :/

Thank you I changed it!

1 Like

Thank you for educating me more on the matter I will edit the topic with what you told me tomorrow

2 Likes

Yes, yes and yes! This would look great in Live spotting.

Heck yes! That would put everything over the top! Literally and figuratively lol

Yeah the lag would be real. They would have to somehow make bitmaps work well with the sim

1 Like

Why is the vote limit in the IFC so low???

2 Likes

Hahaha

πŸ˜‰

This would be a super cool feature for the game, but it should only appear when the right conditions are met.

Sounds like a good idea on theory, but we should wait a few until technology can properly handle it and not explode in our hands. Also, don’t forget the vortexes generated on props and jet engines from nacelles. Great idea though!

This occurence can occur on any airfoil as your picture depicts.

1 Like

I would totally love this but this request is similar to that of having Tire smoke, clouds and contrails. They all fall under the same category of animation and with there being so many planes lags are bound to happen. I have nothing against this but lets give the dev some time its gonna take awhile bef we will see this thou sadly :(

With project Metal coming in the near future when ever that might be. We need this !!
just imagine the beauty of Take offs and Landings with wing flex !!
Also fighters pulling high G subsonic maneuvers at airshows !!!

2 Likes

This is so needed! Hopefully they add this after Metal 😝

1 Like

Agreed! The takeoff and landing shots would be amazing 😍

1 Like

very good idea nice!

This would be amazing but I suspect would be after project metal and would be a lot more complex to render than clouds which are still not here