Windy conditions off the east coast during flight

Hey guys :) hopefully this topic is ok (If it isn’t, just let me know, but I think I picked the right category :) ). Check out the crazy wind speeds I’m seeing just outside the east coast. I’m flying from EGLL to KBOS.

As I’m typing this, the wind is now at 146 knots 😮. Hopefully it gets better as I start descending soon. This is only my third long haul ever, but first time dealing with these winds.

1 Like

yeah that’s pretty normal mate no worries :)

if you wanna make sure of your winds situation before your flights i would reccomend paying windy.com a visit

1 Like

Yep, been a windy day for flying to me.
All 4 of my legs have been windy as crap.

1 Like

Here’s a good visual aid for winds. This particular link is set to 250 hPa, roughly cruise altitude. You can see what you are facing up there.

Winds

1 Like

I flew from DFW to EGLL a couple weeks ago and I had winds similar to yours of about 120kts. I thought my wings were going to snap off. 😂

1 Like

Thank you all so much :) . The highest the winds got to be was 152 knots. That was at 30,000 feet altitude. As I descended, the winds calmed down. I also experienced a first when I saw the runway I was landing on got blurry, but I kept the airport names labels button on. I’ll save those two sites about the winds to my bookmarks, as it looks like I’ll start flying long hauls more often :)

It’s normal. I flew Los Angeles to Kona last night. Generally a 5 hr flight but it was about a 6 1/2 hr flight due to winds 😱

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.