Windsock

The addition of a windsock at the airport would help to determine from where the wind is coming.

9 Likes

This is indeed a great idea but i dont think its that easy to implement it in the sim

1 Like

At some point in time. The current way to determine wind direction confuses me.

1 Like

Use the mini map on the hud that would help The wind direction is just above it

I know, but I tried taking off with a 4kts wind at 330° (the arrow was pointing to the right), but when I get to rotation speed, my aircraft veered to the left (it was a 737-800).

1 Like

Exactly that’s what is supposed to happen the wind strikes the tail fin which inturn forces the plane to go into the wind.try it on solo use c172.set a crosswind and see what happens

1 Like

I agree we need windsocks.

4 Likes

I´ll try it in a moment. Thanks.

1 Like

This will probably come out with 3d structures maybe which will be a while.who knows when

1 Like

Be sure to make it strong atleast 10knots to make it effective

And why was it effective with a 4kts crosswind on my 737?

1 Like

Your speed.the more you speed up the more effective it becomes.that was just an example to make you get it right and fast

1 Like

I think the current arrow above the wind speed does the job just fine. If ya don’t like that, Read the METAR and figure out how that will effect your flight :p

3 Likes

It might be a good idea, but I just don’t see the point. The wind already indicated on the top right of the screen is far more detailed. The idea of a windsock wouldn’t bring much to the IF experience.

Interesting feature, maybe when terminals and ATC towers come out.

1 Like

Most airports have them, they just don’t render in IF

1 Like