Winds aloft down

Hello!

As some of you may have already noticed, we are currently experiencing issues with our Winds aloft service.
We are currently investigating the cause of this issue, and will keep you updated through the process.

There is currently no ETR for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Latest update:

52 Likes

Now idk where to ask this so i’ll do it here, Seb when the winds come back, are they gonna do what happened last time the wind server was having issues? and make people get violations and everything like last time is there nothing to worry about? or at this time are you not sure??

5 Likes

How often do things like this happen e.g. servers

1 Like

what does ETR mean?

4 Likes

Rare. now getting a corrupt wind file happens daily but not this. and @Speed_bird_50 estimate time of return i believe 🙂

3 Likes

Estimated time of recovery

3 Likes

Awesome time to fly the xcub and take advantage of the calm weather ahahha cheers for the heads up

3 Likes

In the way it’s happening now, it’s the 2nd time since we started with Winds aloft 2 years ago.

No, this should not happen. Last time was a bit of a… special case.

9 Likes

@schyllberg What is winds aloft?

1 Like

The winds that are in the air.

1 Like

Aren’t all winds in the air? ;)

@Aviation360 - high altitude winds.

13 Likes

Maybe a simple server reboot?

2 Likes

Oh that was made several hours ago ;)

6 Likes

Are there any drive failures that are known? Is the server made by 45drives.com or not?

I’m a big server geek.

It’s not a server failure. The cause is somewhat known and a solution to it is being worked on.

3 Likes

Ok. Hope to get it back soon.

@schyllberg I knew what that meant but what do you mean by the winds Aloft service is down?

I was asking about the winds aloft service

We’re not getting any winds aloft data. So if it went down mid flight, you might be stuck with high altitude winds until you come close enough to an airport to pick up the METAR.

If you begin a flight now, you’ll probably have lower than usual wind speeds on high altitudes as the app won’t have any data but the last METAR you had.

3 Likes

Oh now I know what you mean… I didn’t know if you where talking about the IFC or IF if it was for the IFC I thought it was some sort of server manager or something like that as I know the forum is a discourse site.

If it’s in #support - it’s always about the app :)

Forum stuff is what #meta is for.

2 Likes