Windmilling - Does this mean Engine start/stop?

This means!! Engine stop/start maybe??

61 Likes

Oooooh. I actually expected it with fuel burn.

16 Likes

It means something really really cool is on its way!

9 Likes

This could be a game changer for IF

8 Likes

Exciting times are coming! :)

Also, you can just post the link to her post and it’ll show the video. ;)

11 Likes

Omg I’m excited. Fuel burn AND engine start? I knew 2017 would kick 2016’s ass.

34 Likes

When fuel burn was confirmed, this was practically confirmed as well, since you couldn’t constantly have the engines running at the gates, using up fuel.

15 Likes

It depends… I’ll ask Santy Clause for a confirmation on this. If yes this would make IF a hard to beat mobile sim.

8 Likes

I made a little mock sound mixed video of what IF might sound like a while ago. I hope it sounds at least like this or better in IF.

PS no promotion intended, it’s just a bit too exciting.

4 Likes

So does this mean that there could be emergencies in IF? If you run out of fuel, you can’t fly anymore, what do you do?! Carry on flying…

6 Likes

At least the fan blades looks more realistic.

10 Likes

In technical terms yes. but really your going to crash if you can’t glide the plane anymore. @Capt.teddy

2 Likes

I can’t believe this, it’s so exciting:-)

2 Likes

MaxSez: By God boys & girls do a little research before you generate a Topic or comment. “Windmilling” is a common term that is applied to both (reciprocating) propeller aircraft & Turbine (jet) engines. iIt has nothing to do with fuel burn or global.Terms like this are readily available by searching Google;

Windmilling (aircraft Engine Operation)

An aircraft engine is said to be windmilling when it is turned by aerodynamic action of air flowing over the propeller or through the compressor in a gas turbine engine. If an engine fails in flight, air flowing over the propeller or through the compressor produces enough force to keep the engine turning. When a propeller windmills, it produces so much drag it can cause difficulty in controlling the airplane (an asymmetrical upset). For this reason, the propellers of most multiengine airplanes are made so that they can be feathered by turning the blades parallel to the direction of flight. When a propeller is feathered, it does not windmill. (AvTerms)

11 Likes

I need this on the Dash 8.

8 Likes

Anyone else thought that it could be in slow motion showing off the new blades in the engine which we currently don’t have?I hope it’s not

7 Likes

Well they would have to have this is they are implementing fuel burn.

3 Likes

Windmilling happens when the engines are off correc?😉

3 Likes

Yep. And when it’s windy

2 Likes

Well, she did put #windmilling.

3 Likes