Windiest landing I’ve ever done at PHNL

Hello IFC! I haven’t posted in the #screenshots-and-videos category in a minute, so I’d thought that I’d share a flight I did about 2 weeks ago From KOAK to PHNL (Also went to PHOG right after landing at HNL)
CALLSIGN: SWVA706
Mach: 0.78
Aircraft: Boeing 738
Livery: Southwest - Heart
Altitude: FL350
Server: Expert
Route: KOAK - PHNL

Parked at gate in KOAK

Lining up on runway

Rotatè (Any AFP95 viewers out there? 😆)

Hi there, KSFO!

There is the Golden Gate Bridge! And I’m proud to say I’ve been there IRL

Saying goodbye to one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Bay Area but will soon be greeted by the pacific

Cruising over the pacific

Wassup Hawaii!

Entering right down wind

VERY windy landing! If I remember there were 25 kt winds and super heavy gusts! Which unfortunately led me to be way off centerline, so I wouldn’t say the smoothest landing 😓

Hope you all enjoy! I was going to post more but I believe the limit is 10 pictures. Have a good night! (Or whatever time zone you are in)

21 Likes

Beautiful photos to end off my night on the forums. Normally there is one that I like specifically more then others but these are all amazing!

2 Likes

Amazing Photos

1 Like

Hahah thanks, I don’t use any editors so I completely rely on the angle of the shot and all that

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Blog it dude.

2 Likes

Copy that, writing a book about it

1 Like

Dude im depressed he doesnt upload more. What runway did you come into PHNL on. I love 8L, personally.

1 Like

I believe it was 8R, and it was super windy!

1 Like

UsE tHat RuDdEr dUrInG lAnDinG!!

• every flight instructor ever

Nice pics though!

1 Like

lmao trust me, I tried my hardest but she did NOT want to straighten out…
Also thanks for the feedback!

I landed in like 30 on expert once in a E190 (accidentally did a flight inside hurricane Dorian lol)

1 Like

wow! The ERJ is a beast for tanking those winds

Love the photo’s

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed

1 Like

Hawaii is where I had my first true crosswind landing experience in IF. The region always seems to offer some gusty approaches. So much fun. I’m sad that I don’t get to fly as much.

1 Like

PHNL and PHOG always seem to be windy

1 Like

Third picture now that’s a take off
looking good

1 Like

Had to use the rudder a lot because the takeoff was also very windy 😆

1 Like