Wind huge discrepancy

Hello guys… I have noticed this huge discrepancy in weather conditions at HKJK between the simulator and the real life👇! Is that normal or there’s a problem?image|482x600

2 Likes

Hey! The provider probably takes time to interpret and show the real data at that time. So there is likely a delay to get the most recent conditions.

2 Likes

thing is, what you were looking at is a metar and metars are taken every hour and between that time things can change.

I noticed that yesterday also while arriving this destination… It was a huge discrepancy between the real life and the simulator

The top METAR you posted is from the 30th. Not sure which app that is but it seems to be using data that is a few days/months old

1 Like

Both were taken at the same time…

1 Like

It was the same METAR as FlightRadar 24 as well

I’m not sure what source they use so I can’t speak for its accuracy, but that metar started with 302000Z (30th day at 8pm zulu), it’s not up to date.

1 Like

@Cameron I double checked with Flightradar24 and it was exactly the same METAR… That’s my strategy not to only rly on this app (IF checklist) but also check the other reliable apps like Flightradar24 and both METARs were the same

1 Like

This is the METAR for the 2nd at 1100Z

HKJK 021100Z 06010KT 9999 BKN028

Which is similar to the picture.

I just checked and our source hasn’t had an update to the METAR since the 30th November either. In this case, we are setting the weather based on winds aloft data that is more accurate.

Check the date of the reports from other apps though as they may be incorrect :)

1 Like

I checked both at the same time while i was parking at the gate… In Flightradar24 it gave me calm conditions but in IF it was 16 knots that’s why I’m asking…

Clearly means the FR24 servers haven’t got the updated info.

This is the website I use - and is accurate the large majority of the time:

I’m now in my way back to OMDB, will i get the right weather as the real life on arrival? What source do you recommend to check the METAR other than Flightradar24?! Something more reliable…

1 Like

You should do. The METAR should’ve updated by then.

1 Like

Does it coincide with IF METAR?

FR24 should have the latest METAR if the airport is reporting it. If, for whatever reason they aren’t, Windy is a good alternative as it matches what we are simulating on Infinite Flight:

1 Like

Yes it does. Checked the winds in Dubai for about 8 hours time or so - forecasts indicate light winds from around 300’

1 Like

I’m also using an app called Aviation Weather… It’s great but yesterday there wasn’t any data from an HKJK as well so that’s why the i think the wind was the same as aloft… Thanks alot for your help🙏

2 Likes