Wind gust direction

The winds in this game are different cause everytime i takeoff in a crosswind, it will blow me the direction that is opposite to what the instrument is telling me. For example if im taking off runway 10 at TNCM at 100° and the wind is blowing xxknots at 45° that means the wind is blowing me to the left but when i begin rolling and my nose gear lifts off i blow to the right and this has not happened once this is everytime taking off in a crosswind why is this and does this happen to only me?

1 Like

Imagine wind from left is hitting your tail and it causes you to yaw to left.Use right rudder to correct it.Go to 5.47;

1 Like

The direction you’re seeing (45 degrees) is where the wind is coming from. So, you getting blown from left to right is correct.

Like @pilo said… the tail is the biggest surface on the aircraft (vertical surface), and so when the wind pushes the tail one direction, the plane yaws opposite.

2 Likes

Yeah that was an example

So i push my yoke into the wind with rudder into the wind?

Yoke in the wind, rudder the other way! 😉

1 Like

To add on:
It’s yoke into the wind, and opposite rudder as you take off. On your climb-out, you gently bring the yoke back to the centre and start bringing the rudder towards the direction of where the wind is coming from, to maintain your ground track.

2 Likes

There’s a great official tutorial on crosswind takeoffs here:

1 Like

True captain, and well said!
Worth noting that this works for landing also…

3 Likes

Idk how i didnt see this but it was helpful, thanks

1 Like

Thank you was helpful

1 Like

Well said just like the vid thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.