Will the current 737s recieve a touch up?

Hello everyone, with the 737 MAX 8 confirmed to be in development, I couldn’t help but think if along with the MAX would the current 737s we have in the game be getting one final touch up. What I mean is like adding the cargo door animations, passenger door animations and any other feautures that may be of relevance.

While I realize that my question may not be fully answered because obviously the devs can’t out right spoil it. It’s a fun thought and I’d like to see some input from the community or perhaps any developer that would like to indulge and drop some teasers.

What do you guys think?

5 Likes

I believe that the 737 max will probably take a lot of traffic away and/or even replace the current 737. The MAX is probably one of the most popular aircraft in the world. This is just my speculation tho, feel free to believe something else :)

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that no changes will be made to the current 737 in the upcoming update. Probably because for interior, pax, cargo etc they would require an entirely new model and that would be a lot of work and hence a lot of time. I’m sure it will be revisited in a few years tho

2 Likes

Interesting where did they hint at not doing anything for the current aircraft

1 Like

I hope so…

I can say for a fact that will not happen. Mark my words.

If they did that pretty much all of Delta’s 737 ops would be wiped out from the game.

6 Likes

Fair, I can only speculate. I myself don’t think they are going to keep 4 (or more) variants for the 737 in the main tab. They might get placed in legacy and thus be ‘replaced’.

1 Like

Why would a plane reworked in 2020 be marked as legacy? And, if too many variants of a single aircraft are a problem, how come there are 6 variants of the 747 and 4 variants of the 777, and none of them are marked as legacy?

5 Likes

True, I’m not a developer nor do I work for IF though. So as I said earlier, only my opinion.

it can be possible the new gens to stay because there’s airlines who do routes with the new gens.

1 Like

4 a320 variants too

4 Likes

The 737-800 will forever stay in the foreseeable future! Yes its a sad thought that is some years it will be retired, but fortunately many airlines has it as their only backbone in their fleets, Turkish Airlines, Ryanair, Norwegian, Southwest, American, Air China, JAL, ANA, China Southern a few relevant examples of their fleets today! The current 737 is in a good state, personally thinking i do not think its necessary for a “rework”! Its current state is more than enough on par with most of the other aircrafts we have today in IF!

2 Likes

I’m taking notes

And I don’t want that to happen for when I fly the B737 most of the time it’ll be a Delta flight. If it does (hopefully it doesn’t) after flying the MAX for a bit I won’t know what to do. Flying to Atlanta in the Delta B739 makes you feel like a proper Delta pilot part of the rush.

1 Like

And United, Southwest, RyanAir, Jet2, etc.

1 Like

I hope in the future there will some sort of drop down menu to select the different aircraft variants. I know there’s a feauture request somewhere for that. But I highly doubt they would replace any 737NGs that we have now for the MAX planes. Similar argument could be made for the 320neo when it will eventually get added and the same discussion arises for the current 320 family if it would he replaced.

the very least but probably the most impactful thing that can be done for the current 737s is to fix their performance, especially the aircraft weights of the 738 and 739 which are the same in game!

2 Likes

True, that’s a major improvement that would be made. But I think its plausible because if you remember back when the 330 rework was made they also added 330neo. So one could hope this could happen.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, the actual 737-900 has the same MTOW of the -800. The -900ER is a different beast with better performance. The -900 has the same weight of the -800 but offered more legroom, that’s at least what Alaska wanted when they ordered them.

I hope so too, interiors are the best for realism [quote=“Jossrun, post:1, topic:891990, full:true”]
Hello everyone, with the 737 MAX 8 confirmed to be in development, I couldn’t help but think if along with the MAX would the current 737s we have in the game be getting one final touch up. What I mean is like adding the cargo door animations, passenger door animations and any other feautures that may be of relevance.

While I realize that my question may not be fully answered because obviously the devs can’t out right spoil it. It’s a fun thought and I’d like to see some input from the community or perhaps any developer that would like to indulge and drop some teasers.

What do you guys think?
[/quote]