Will phones explode....

Ever since global came out, pilots who are flying long-haul flights have to keep their phone charged. I do that too as well but it just worries me, will phones explode with IF running for roughly more than 3-13 hours while it is being charged?

Sudhanva

As long as you don’t have a Note 7, you should be fine

5 Likes

Oh ok thank you… I guess Mods can close this topic now if they like

No, phones won’t explode. Just keep brightness down and have low power enabled in the Infinite Flight settings and you’ll definitely will be fine

1 Like

ALSO sorry one more thing, the phones do heat up right?

Do what I said above at it won’t heat up too much.

1 Like

If you’re phone is plugged in during flight, it’ll definitely heat up.

A few tips…

• lower screen brightness
  • enable ‘limit frame rate’ option in settings
  • have low power mode enabled on your phone
  • keep your device in a well ventilated place
8 Likes

I thought this was a joke question but I understand the concern. I keep my phone charged for many global flights so far its alright. I keep the area well ventilated with a fan and it doesnt overheat.

Of course, close all apps as well so it doesnt run more than necessary background apps.

1 Like

And don’t use mophie products like the charging case that slides on the phone and gives it 64gigs extra storage and charging capabilities. Cause that mophie case are know to explode with out even heating up. To where they are not allowed on aircrafts. Or they must be taken away to a specific place and given back at the end of flight.

I’m not sure about that. I’m sure someone else can answer that :)

1 Like