Will I still be able to become a pilot even if I have a hearing aid

Hello I have a question for any real world pilots put there on the forum. Would I still be able to be a airline pilot if I have a hearing aid? It is only on my right ear.
Thank you and happy landings!

Talk to your local AME

3 Likes

Which type of license would you be applying for?
(EASA? FAA? etc.)
(I have mild brittle bones and am able to get a class 1 CAA medical for any license)

I haven’t really done any research into flight schools I only started research at the beginning of the month

I can certainly say I fly a lot with the older generation of pilots who have lost hearing of certain high-pitched frequencies (thanks to turboprops, military flying and early low-bypass jets) and they are quite able to fly commercially in Australia provided they undergo a test to ensure their hearing aid functions correctly and all the warning chimes and bells can be heard easily in the flight deck. I wouldn’t let anything get in the way of your chosen career path… seek the advice of a Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (or equivalent where you live) and go from there. Best of luck with your career!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.