Will_Ford_Jr ATC Tracking Thread -KTPA (Closed)

KMIA, TS1 Tower & Ground.
Departing runway: 08L & 08R.
Please file FPL before contacting ATC. Unless you are doing pattern work.
Arriving runway: 08L & 08R
Pattern work is allowed.
All aircraft types are accepted.
Estimated closing time: Today 10:30:00 PM Est

1 Like

LAN 277 on my way

1 Like

KTPA, TS1 Tower & Ground.
Departing runway: 19L & 19R.
Arriving runway: 19L & 19R
Pattern work is allowed.
Estimated closing time: Today 04:00:00 PM Est

KFLL, TS1 Tower & Ground.
Departing runway: 10L & 10R.
Arriving runway: 10L & 10R
Pattern work is allowed.
Estimated closing time: Today 11:00:00 PM Est

EDDF, TS1 Tower & Ground.
Departing runway: 07C & 07R.
Arriving runway: 07L & 07R
Pattern work is allowed.
Estimated closing time: Today 11:00:00 PM Est

KTPA, TS1 Tower & Ground.
Departing runway: 19L & 19R.
Arriving runway: 19L & 19R
Pattern work is allowed.
Estimated closing time: Today 10:30:00 PM Est

Ill stop by now! C-PIAZZA

1 Like

Thank you for stopping by @Piazza

Hey thanks for having me @Will_Ford_Jr. Thank @Twocflyer for coming out as well. It seemed that you generally understood pattern instructions and how to sequence aircraft. That being said, you still have a couple of things that you need to keep practicing with. I will just list them off by the order of occurrence during my flight. First, you gave me a transition altitude of 4,000ft at KTPA which has an elevation of 22ft. GA aircraft will fly patterns at 1,000ft with airliners and jets flying at around 1,500ft. That being said, there just wasn’t that must altitude spacing needed. 2,500ft or 3,000ft would have been more suitable. Second, on my first touch and go 19L there was a 747 pointed directly at me on the runway while I was on final. I had to announce go around, hoping that you would have caught it and sent me around. I’m sure that the aircraft wasn’t following your instructions, just make sure you are aware of possible collisions. In addition, on my second touch and go 19L I slowed down to 10knots and you hit me with an exit runway command. Make sure to remember that clearance for the option includes touch and goes, low flybys, and full stops. Fourth, you corrected yourself with your handoff instructions when I landed, but make sure every aircraft gets and exit command. You can issue them as early as when they slow passed 80knots. Lastly, you need to make sure that you give your sequences and clearances much faster. Let aircraft know early where they fall in line so that it gives them time to map out a plan to keep spacing with the aircraft ahead. All aircraft receive pattern instructions, sequence if need be, then clearance! There were times that you had me fly far downwind without a clearance or sequence. Keep practicing and you will be part of the team in a no time :)

1 Like