Will all 777 engine's physics become more realistic?

The developers showed us they are making all types of engines on future 777 updates. Does that mean they have all the engine performance data explicitly implemented for each engine? Engine performance is slightly behind the scenes work, but I still want to know what to expect in the next update.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ve said. The different engines might just be for aesthetics.

4 Likes

IF’s physics are verified by real-world pilots who test out the aircraft and see whether or not it’s accurate. You should be able to count on them :^)

8 Likes

I am not sure. I feel that the Cessna 172 was underpowered when it came out even at sea level. I flew them at 1.5km IRL and I feel I can squeeze out more energy in real life.

2 Likes

Pro tip: Don’t treat it like an airliner :^)

Many factors like weight and how you handle it play a big part in the C172’s handling. In my case, I can fly it like normal.

2 Likes

I stripped everything and it WAS still wonky. I was worrying about the mixture but apparently it’s not the case.

1 Like

Okay… And at what VS were you trying to climb at?

1 Like

Climb at 74 knots, but mostly it was turns that I felt.

1 Like

Vertical speed, not IAS :^)

2 Likes

That’s how you climb in a cessna IRL, I get 500 fpm IRL so I didn’t remember what I got in game.

1 Like

Able to try quickly?

2 Likes

I believe it would be.

Upon reviewing feedback from the IFC, the devs had recently went back to edit the engine size and configurations before announcing feature and test completion, so in theory, they should have worked out all the nooks and crannies.

1 Like

The I’m of a rework is to make the aircraft better than it was before, thus, yes - I am quite sure that things like that were reworked.

That’s actually not answering the main question. Yes, physics are indeed verified and tested as far as we know, but nothing has been said about performance differences regarding the engines.
No one knows at this point, we have to wait for a developer response on this topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.