Will a different camera view help?

I had a question as I do my first long haul of 20.1. I understand the 19.4 long haul crash bug is fixed but does having the camera view at the ceiling still help with performance of a flight or no?

Just asking given the servers and sim are struggling with all the pilots enjoying 20.1 at once :)

Thanks!

It will conserve your RAM because of the decreased load for a lack of scenery. It will still prevent crashes too, you must keep in mind that crashes can happen at any time.

2 Likes

different strategies work better for different devices, point the camera at the ceiling/floor may prevent a crash by removing the need to load scenery, but if you were to move it back, Iā€™d imagine the scenery would all have to load instantly which could be problematic.

personally, I go into scenic mode, which helps prevent screen freeze/crash. android has a really useful game idle mode, where the screen pretty much turns off completely, but the actual apps are unaffected.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.