Wifi amount per hour

I was wondering. How much WIFI does Infinite flight live need every hour on average?

1 Like

I cannot tell you the exact number, however I‘m pretty sure that it takes quite a lot since the scenery must be streamed from the server. If you fly online it takes even more because the other aircraft must be loaded.

Correct me if I‘m wrong.

8 Likes

Tbh I don’t think it’s that much.

1 Like

Really depends on how long your flight is (how much scenery is being streamed) and how busy the airport/airspace is

If you went to the same airport a number of times, and had little or no traffic and flew patterns the scenery would already be cached on your device so it would use less data

4 Likes

I don’t know, that’s something you ask @schyllberg

No need to post at all then :)

Depends on area, amount of traffic, airplane count, how many models/liveries that is already downloaded etc. There’s no really good answer.

6 Likes

It’s not a whole lot but if you want leeway for large volume of traffic I’d say 100mb per hour or so. You can easily test it by using your data and doing a single pattern at a semi busy airport and then average it out over an hour to see what you would expect.

Sometimes I fly on my 4G and it takes almost nothing. I would say less then 100MB

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.