Why is there 71KT of wind around KEWR area? I

I can’t takeoff because the area around KEWR is in 71KT in the ground. It’s rocking the plane and almost engine striking parked at the gate and I don’t know if this is a glitch from yesterday, but i cancelled my flights I had planned for today because of this issue. Anyone know why this is issue?

2 Likes

Yeah, I experienced 71 kts at La Guardia. The ATIS says 27 though.

3 Likes

Yea im going to try and fly EWR-JFK then try my long haul to DEL and hope it works. JFK says 22G32KT so hope JFK is at least working

2 Likes

It looks like the current METAR for Newark is showing 300@19G27, so it could be a glitch. As you said it was extremely windy last night after a line of storms pushed through, so it could be a result of that, too. Someone can probably tell you more than I can.

3 Likes

Yea. That could be true it suddenly got super windy think it said 60 MPH gusts. Thanks

2 Likes

I can tell you this. In real life, the winds have been absolutely bonkers the last 24 hours in the mid Atlantic and Northeastern US. I thought for sure a tree was going to be on my truck the way it’s been blowing.

4 Likes

I think it’s fixed It;s not slowly going up to 71KT anymore!

2 Likes

Yea, I’m seeing variable winds between 19 and 27kts on the ground at KEWR at the moment.

2 Likes

Yea. I had to cancel my flight from EWR-PIT this morning.

1 Like

I think I just exceeded this pool CRJ9’s max cross wind component for landing. btw, look at the insane takoff distance of this 757.

3 Likes

When i tookoff in the CRJ7 that i later cancelled, I lifted up and my whole plane went towards the terminals. I almost got a violation.

3 Likes

71kts may be a bit off, but it is certainly very windy around the northern NJ area. The winds in my area are gusting up to 55mph at the moment.

2 Likes

Yea, the winds in my area are getting calmer, same with EWR. They were at 32KT this morning, last i checked few minutes ago they were at 17KT.

Windy showing gusts up to 41mph at KEWR.

1 Like

Landing 22L at KBOS 39kts (winds in right direction) even though ATIS said 10 I was forced to g/a
2nd attempt made it - just!

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s just crazy windy up here.

1 Like

I struck my engine multiple times at the gate at EWR with my Air India B77W it was that strong

1 Like

Hey, as a person who lives in the area, we did not have 71kt winds, on friday last week it was around that but today it should be a good 30kts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.