Why is the B752 always bouncing when I land in a crosswind?

Just about 20 minutes ago, I flew from KMCO-KEWR on the United B752, and I was landing in KEWR with a small 10 knot crosswind and landing on runway 22L. When I touched the runway with the rudder slightly to the left due to the crosswind at, I was flying at 160 knots, it literally bounced and when I kept holding the rudder to the left, the nose went even higher. Does anyone have any tips for landing the B752? And is 160 knots too fast because I was following the flaps 30 speed.

3 Likes

You gotta push down as soon as the main gear lands and keep the nose pushed down til under 60kts that’s how I fly it and it works for me

1 Like

What about in a crosswind?

1 Like

Same just use your rudder to mine up the nose with the center line when pushing forward and keeping the nose down will give the front wheel better steering. I just fight for centerline till the reverse thrust isn’t needed. Takes some practice

2 Likes

So the first thing I’ll tackle is the speed situation. What I think you’re referring to is the maximum speed for the respective flap setting. 160kts IAS is the fastest you can fly with flap 30 for example. The 757 can land as slow as 130 knots or slower sometimes. As far as crosswind handling, just like the CRJ fleet, the rudder is super sensitive. It doesn’t take much for the airplane to have a lot of yaw movement. But with practice, flying the 757 is rewarding. Try practicing crosswind takeoffs and landings on solo with different weights and flap settings to see what works best for you!

4 Likes

Okay thanks @United_Inc and @sfahyaviation, Have a blessed day!

3 Likes

My pleasure! Have fun flying and see you soon in the virtual skies.

1 Like

That literally did the trick! I just did a few solos on landing a B752 in a crosswind at 150 knots this time, I completely buttered it with no bouncing! Thanks so much! @moderators, please close this, thank you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.