Why is it only showing up now?

Hey all,
While checking the forums this morning I check my notifications and I see that I got one that I’ve earned the badge “aficionado” so I decided to check it out. I only got the notification yesterday or this morning, but it says that I got the badge 24 days ago. How come the notification waited so long to show up? I’m not saying that’s bad or anything, but I’m definitely curious. Thanks!

You can see on the screenshot it’s in the top of my notifications but on the bottom of the page it says “granted 24 days”

3 Likes

Yes, this happened to me as well

I “supposedly” earned mine July 4. But got mine today… 🤔

1 Like

Wow that’s very weird. Maybe it’s a glitch?

1 Like

The badge is for 100 day’s in a row, if I’m right? Must just be a delayed action.

2 Likes

Possibly a hidden badge.

1 Like

Yes, it’s for 100 days in a row. But usually when I get other badges I get them right away or a day or 2 after, never this long.

1 Like

I had the same thing, earned two new badges, yay! :)
I did some research and I found out that this Discourse community is running on a beta version of Discourse Version 1.9 (1.9.0.beta10 to be precise). In this update they did bring three new badges badges:

Badge for visiting 10 days, 100 days, and 365 days consecutively (only awarded one time each)

Hope that helped!

8 Likes

I see what you mean, maybe they just released the badges now but 24 days ago marks when I got the criteria for the badge?

Maybe because the system for recording the number of sequential days visited had already been implemented. So you visited for a certain number of days before the badge/notification was added, and because the system for recording this had already been added, you technically received your badge 24 days ago.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me as well. I got mine a year ago 😂

1 Like

Looks like I’m not alone. Granted 22 days ago for me, got the notification today.

2 Likes

I also received this badge aswell, Even though I have received it since last year according to the system

2 Likes

Just got mine as well, seems I earned it Aug 13 :)

1 Like

I’m still waiting for mine…

1 Like