Why is IF referred to a "Computer game" in the Terms of service?

What is the Legal difference between a game, and a simulator? Would my lawyer call it a game or a sim?

It is classified as a gaming simulator, I guess.

1 Like

I said it’s a game. _ A simulator requires a certification._ Not too sure why this is confusing for anyone. I’m sure @Mats_Edvin_Aaro has more information for you on the certifications required for simulators.

And there’s no way I’m going to PM every single person on IFC, that’s why it was posted. It’s more of a public address.

1 Like

Well some people seem to be confused above, so next time kindly give a straightforward answer or tell us someone who would have an answer.

Please accept and respect other’s opinions so we can have a peaceful discussion :-)

1 Like

why is everyone arguing over if IF is a sim or a game

1 Like

It shows that people are confused whether IF is a game or a simulator. And it’s not a big deal at all if it’s either. It’s still IF 😉

1 Like

I know right

Even though legally IF is a game, I still personally consider it a sim, but it can come down to what people think it is, and yes, as you said @anon31652286 I completely agree with you, IF is still IF and we love it for that

1 Like

Well, the kind of simulators I relate to are quite bigger, and have FNPT II certifications… Technically for a mobile simulator there aren’t any requirements as to what it needs to do etc. for it to be able to be called a flight simulator…

2 Likes

I personally refer to Infinite Flight as a simulator. A flight game in my opinion is something like AirFighters, where there is a defined goal, and objective to be completed. Since Infinite Flight doesn’t have any set objectives, or goals, it’s a simulator.

1 Like

Guys, this is obviously a hint that a PC version is probably going to come out eventually

No it isn’t… A PC version has been confirmed for a long time, but it’s not gonna come soon.

It’s legally speaking a computer game. Your phone is also a computer…

1 Like

Obviously ;)

Orh ok can

To some degree yes , but not entirely ;)

A game by definition is “an activity that one engages in for amusement”

and a computer is by definition “an electronic device which is capable of receiving information (data) in a particular form and of performing a sequence of operations in accordance with a predetermined but variable set of procedural instructions (program) to produce a result in the form of information or signals.”

This makes IF a computer game. Simple.

5 Likes

because a phone/ tablet is a computer?

Let alone, I use IF as a tool for learning. You’d be surprised what more than a simulator it is for those who actually fly in real life.

1 Like

Most TOS are standard templates and “Game” falls into a category that probably had 90% of what was needed so they went with that. Not a big deal. I’ve looked at a few other TOS for other apps and they mention a game as well. The first line just removes the need to find and replace 1000 times “Infinite Flight” is referenced.

Now if you personally consider it a game or a simulator that fits in line with Coke v. Pepsi, Ford v. Chevy, Paper v. Plastic, or Republican v. Democrat.

1 Like

People who don’t want to get banned.