Why is everyone flying to KNUC?

Why knuc is so popular? It is a air force base, not an airport. And also, you just need to wait a lot to depart, as there are people flying from every corner of the map there. As for me, this is one of the worst airports to depart in live. Btw, why are flying to KNUC?

6 Likes

Weird things happen on TS1. I think it is because it is in a good short haul location relative to LAX and SAN.

21 Likes

Good location relative to KLAX and KSAN, and also the fact it’s a pretty approach and feels realasitic as you’re flying over ocean

13 Likes

KNUC is my SoCal Hawaii 👌

17 Likes

Sheep will buzz around with all of the other sheep and wander around aimlessly until they develop confidence in themselves, their aircraft and IF itself. Open the wallet (in moderation), open the mind and explore everything that IF has to offer. If you ever need a good laugh it sure is fun to see some of the blunders on TS1 at KLAX & KNUC 🤣

12 Likes

TS1 is TS1, they don’t know any better.

4 Likes

Not to mention that KNUC is a pretty huge airport in the region. But I’m sure the hype will be reduced once Global arrives 😉

7 Likes

Got no clue. Even scientists don’t know how TS1 Noobs work.

19 Likes

When you google KNUC

22 Likes

Because they want to?

3 Likes

Because the view on approach, and pretty easy to go to from LAX not a lot of heading changes.

2 Likes

Because it’s TS1 and it’s an island. Simple

3 Likes

It is also good from San Diego

1 Like

I just think lots of people may be unaware that it is military airport. I’ll fly there on expert in a military aircraft from time to time. I like to practice low visibility ILS approaches in the fog.

1 Like

I got ghosted a few days ago from expert server and i can honestly say the last few days on TS1 (a lot flying in and out of KNUC) have actually been hilarious and pretty interesting. I think KNUC TS1 gives new players a chance to explore, fail, learn and succeed without receiving harsh punishment. I found when i first started playing KNUC helped me flying in busy airspace, in particular those pesky go arounds when a player on the taxiway is yet to understand the command “hold short”.

4 Likes

I can already imagine TS1 noobs flying KNUC to YSSY and only last for 3 hours of the flight.

Its a very enjoyable and yet short flight

Maybe they’re just eager to take a short tour to the island. 🙄

I’m suddenly feeling up for a KNUC to KLAX with the A380, anyone else? TS1 is a bit like the Twilight Zone sometimes. Don’t be surprised to find a John Deere landing at KSAN 09 one day. And yes, you’re correct, protocol doesn’t use RWY 09 ;-)

2 Likes

@SQEEZELEMON… MaxSez: FYI, KNUC, Navy Auxilary Landing Field (NALF) San Clemente, CL is a Sensitive and Restricted Facility. It and the majority of Government/Military air facilities require approval before use by all civil aircraft. As recommended numerous time reality must rule on IF. Military Air Facilities on the charts to include the anticipated Global Charts should be restricted to clearly marked military IF inventory aircraft.

(Mr. Lemon. Google is your friend. Suggest you verify your input for accuracy.
KNUC is a Naval Facility not Air Farce)

7 Likes