Why is Autopilot so aggressive when turning?

It seems as if whenever my autopilot makes a turn it is controlling the yoke very aggressively. If it where a real flight im sure the attendants would be replacing lots of barf bags after off boarding.

2 Likes

Yeah I have the same thing. I think it’s just how it is on Infinite flight. But I definitely agree, it’s way to harsh and aggressive. They should work on this for sure.

3 Likes

Make sure your flight plan doesn’t have any extreme corners or turns, nothing more than maybe 55° angles. If it still does this with a normal flight plan, please show us screenshots and videos.

I agree with you!
The A330 gives the smoothest turns because they did a rework

2 Likes

Yeah some of the aircrafts handle the turns way better

2 Likes

There are existing feature requests for this.

When not using NAV, the solution is to make smaller incremental changes instead of larger ones. When using NAV it is suggested to make the turns less sharp in your plan to make them more realistic.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for advice I will definitely start doing that! Also still need to try the A330 so that’s also happening tonight.

1 Like

I believe this belongs in. #general

FYI if you want to vote for less aggressive turning for auto pilot.

The AP always makes turns at 10 degrees of bank. The best thing to do is to manually roll to 10 degrees before activating it. That way it’ll stay at the same bank angle which avoids the extreme roll rate.

Semi unrelated- can’t the devs just make the AP’s roll rate way slower? I don’t understand the issue with limiting it to something realistic.

1 Like

One slight advice that I have figured out, if you want to attempt to make the AP turn less aggressive, lower the sensitivity, however, the aircraft can dive really significantly under your targeted altitude, therefore it is up to your decision if you like to do so.

Yeah this is something I’m surprised hasn’t gotten tweaked by now. A few good tips to get around it have been posted above but yes, it’s annoying for sure.

1 Like

Man if you think that’s aggressive, try the TBM autopilot. Gave me whiplash…

1 Like

You could always reduce the sensitivity of the controls.
IF settings > Controls > Roll

It needs a fix, if it nears the end of the waypoint it should turn around 6NM away before turning so it is not as harsh

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.