Why is ATC camera view a thing.

Just a general question, as to why we have the option to look at our plane from the atc view? Even though it’ll crash your game if accidentally spam the camera view trying to get to a different one (Only crashes when in the middle of nowhere)
Why is Atc view a thing when there’s no airports around? That’s my real question.

2 Likes

To give another perspective view of your aircraft when your flying.

2 Likes

They are there so Pilots can fly their planes RC

(Serious answer
It is there to give more perspective of your flight, give you more options.

As a certain mod said earlier, we have so much choices that we want to remove stuff)

@Chris_Hoss @Jens_Severin Did you even read my question. Stating when no airports are around. You accidentally click that view not around an airport your game crashes. I lost an 18 hour flight because of it.

1 Like

It doesn’t crash my game.I see your point though

1 Like

As it is easier to let the button stay there, than programming it to be removed, that is always why it is in an often unused section of the cameras

1 Like

I was over the north poll and just spammed my changed views so it would be in the cockpit, forgot about atc view. Lost my whole flight. And it doesn’t make sense why it’s there when it causes issues… That’s all i am getting at

2 Likes

This used to happen to me consistently. It seemed like they fixed it in 18.something though. I only do flights around 18-20hrs so I know how that feels. I used to be terrified of looping to that view since it’s right on the end.

What device was this on? I did a 20.5 hour flight yesterday and activated it over the ocean with an iPad 2 mini using the current iOS.

1 Like

my device is an i pad mini 5 all to the latest updates, yea, after that i sorta lost my will to wanna fly for a couple days so

Let me ask you one question.
Who sits and follows a 20 hour flight.

Why should we take developers time and make them code and stuff to make that button to disappear, when most people are doing other things?

Never had the crashing issue. Also do you remember that who other part of the sim where you can be a controller? Pretty useful when controlling.

1 Like

Let me ask you a question. why does it matter how long i like to fly. It doesn’t. It can happen to anyone flying over an ocean. The poles. It’ll just crash.

No way really? Well clearly i am talking about from a pilots prospective. The ATC camera is pretty useless unless you’re atc.

I gave a polite question, you gave me an impolite answer, but here is my answer

I don’t care how long you fly, I just say, if you have a 15 hour flight, why are you so stressed in shifting camera so fast? Don’t you have plenty of time. Use 2 more seconds and this issue would have been non existent

1 Like

Well, it seems that no one else device crashes when they enter the tower view so this is definitely something that’s occurring in your device only at this stage. Not sure what it could be though

1 Like

Well from my experience the tower view gives you a cool shot of your aircraft coming into land.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but after a long sleep, when you wake up the game crashing because of a camera view isn’t the first thing on your mind:)

Now that we have replay mode i am sure you can find cooler shots.

When you are in the middle of the ocean you go accidentally go to tower view, there is much loading, making the application to stop, but 2 more seconds looking would have made this types of crashes non existent

Lol I hope no one does. I do those ULH routes because they’re easier to schedule: takeoff at night and come back the following afternoon/evening. That way I don’t need to deal with any of it throughout the day. So it saves a lot of time counterintuitively.

Once you’ve been flying for that long it’s stressful to have an option that’ll crash the flight. Although like I said, they fixed this for me last year. But I can relate to OP’s struggle with this bug.

2 Likes