Why have I not reach trust level (X)?
Trust Levels are our way of staggering the access users have to this forum’s features. We do this so people can have a chance to learn the rules, so they can have the ability to progress over time, and to protect this forum from spam.
For more information on trust levels and what they are, Discourse (the host of this forum) provides a useful guide. Please be aware our requirements have changed to those in this blog:
The following reasons are the most common for not being the trust level you may think you should be:
Requirements Are Different to Discourse Defaults
The Discourse trust level requirements are different from those we have on here. Our requirements are generally higher due to a more active forum, and we want to make sure people are inputting over time before being promoted. You will not meet our trust level requirements if you meet the Discourse ones for most grades.
When meeting the requirements for a trust level, you may not be promoted immediately. The forum only updates a certain number of times a day, so you will have a period where your trust level will not match what it should be. This should only last up to a maximum of a day.
Manual Promotion to TL3
We have manual promotion to TL3. This is to ensure users meet the following before being promoted:
- A diverse engagement in many topics and categories
- A welcoming tone of voice at all times
- A level of maturity that can be relied upon by the moderators
- The ability to adapt and change with new rules
- Are actively helping new members out behind the scenes
Manual promotion has the following advantage for all users:
- The ability to be promoted to TL3 quicker if suitable
- The chance to show moderators your suitability for TL3 in more ways than the number of comments and topics overall
- The potential to have a higher chance of staying TL3 once promoted due to being hand-picked by a moderator
Your Trust Level is Locked
On occasion, moderators and staff may lock trust levels to Tl0/1. This is rare, however, is used. Moderators and staff will make you aware when this happens.