Why does this happen to me?

Ths evening I did a flight from WMKK- YPPH. Did my flight plan, did all the necessary communications to ATC, took off, once I passed 10000 ft, increased speed to 335kts until reaching cruising level. Had it programmed to 40000ft with 1800 ft/min.
M parents rang my door bell, gave me an unexpected visit lol, so I was absent 10 min aprx. I remembered that when altitude increases, speed limit decreases so I went to decrease my MACH… I find myself with the Overspeed notice and something makes me think I got a few violations…
Well, reaching Perth Approach, I contact them and nobody answers me which answers my doubt. I land, end flight and find myself with 6 VIOLATIONS FOR OVERSPEED!! I mean, that is sooo unlucky that in that precise moment I couldnt pay the necessar attention to take off
I´ve read that it is not possible to solution problems related with violations but I just cant believe this happened to me.
Am I gonna have to wait 1 week flying in Casual Server?? :(((

Edited> Indeed, there are 6 violations. My bad

335 kts at 40,000 feet may be overspending depending on the aircraft.

3 Likes

@Chris_S - Shouldn’t it have a cap for System ghost at 6 consecutive violations of the same type?

1 Like

Harsh as it may seem, it is up to you to be monitoring your device during all stages of flight. Within those stages, the climb and monitoring your speed during it is especially important. 335 knots is especially fast for almost all airliners, and will probably put you up around .89 or .90 Mach once you cross 28,000 feet. That’s above the speed limit which is around .87 mach.

In the future you should start slower, and select a speed that allows for some margin of error before leaving your device.

3 Likes

Next time I would level off, and make everything stable before leaving my device for 10 minutes, that way you’re safe ;)

1 Like

Yeah, thats true. I have definitely learned a lesson from this: unexpected visits are the worst lol, just kiding.
I´ll take note for next time flight plannings