Why does the 747 have more attention than the A380?

The 747 was much more iconic and embodies a bygone time when gimmicks were still something that was valued in air travel. The 747 was the one that made air travel cheaper, it enabled more people to travel than ever before. The A380is a great aircraft, but not as much of a breakthrough the 747 was.

1 Like

46 years? I have trouble believing that.

Airbus hasn’t been working on the A380 for 46 years… They were working on the Airbus A300. The Airbus A380 studies began in the late 80s/early 90s.

Sorry but could you please stop with your non-sensical pro-Airbus comments? It’s perfectly alright if you support Airbus, I don’t want to stop you from doing that or tell you it’s a bad thing (It’s not a bad thing), but please stop making up information!

2 Likes

46 years ago there was no Airbus.

1 Like

Cause 55% of the world’s airline fly a version of the 747 and only 6% fly the A380

1 Like

Airbus’s first aircraft was going to be the equal to the a380 before they wanted supersonic then going back it took them years to figure out how it will still fly at full capacity [quote=“Danman, post:22, topic:34415, full:true”]
46 years? I have trouble believing that.
[/quote]

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t like the A380. It’s too big. As Rotate said once about the A380:

No one gets bonus points for being obese.

I’m loyal to Boeing, and especially the 747.

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 engines aircraft are phasing out. There just not efficient enough.

1 Like

Got sources? Or are you just making things up as you go?

1 Like

1 Like

As some people have mention earlier the 747 is an ICONIC figure in the history of aviation and conjures up so many feelings of how we even got to this point in technology and innovation

To put it in simple terms: The 747 was a revolution in air travel, the A380 was simply an evolution in the industry.

1 Like

i think, the A380 gets more AirTime today than the 747-8 but historically the 747 got more AirTime

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.