Why does my Plane keep crashing?

Hey guys,
I like doing longhauls but some times i wake up in the morning to see my plane crashed then I go to my home screen only to find like six violations…
I was doing a flight from klax to eddf in a 747 and I after reaching about 30000 feet my Planes nose rose and I lost speed drastically.
I tried to lower my nose using trim,Taking manual control,reducing VS.
But nothing worked it just staled and crashed:(

Did you step climb

1 Like

You need to step climb, see below:

1 Like

Were you over Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) by any chance?

I was quite heavy…like very heavy

Was the load displayed in red?

@LoL_SmAsH @Chatta290
But step climb is for saving fuel if I am correct

No it’s to avoid stalling due to being too heavy most of the time. You need to burn off fuel and weight before going up to higher altitudes.

3 Likes

I am not too sure because I don’t have the load on my HUD to read the Load…didnt think it was that important

The load will be displayed on the information bar at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Thanks everyone,
I will try lowering my load and will try step climbing and see how that works:)

1 Like

What speed were you at?

1 Like

I was giving full thrust yet my speed was constantly below 190knts at 30000 and was losing about 1000 fpm

That could be bc you have flaps up, gear down, trim up, etc. make sure all of those are down and you should gain speed.

1 Like

I find the 747 to behave a bit odd at altitude. However I never noticed anything to that extent… Maybe I’ll do some testing

1 Like

You trim on approach, take-off and level flights, you don’t trim to recover from stalling plane. You said your nose up and airspeed decreasing, maybe you trimmed up more and made it worse :)

1 Like

Actually IT IS to save as much fuel as possible based on how high you can get which depends on how heavy you are. If it was just to not stall planes would remain below FL300. 😉
The point of going high isn’t because it’s faster or it offers a better view - although it certainly does -, it’s only to make more profit 😊

4 Likes

Be sure your aircraft are below MTOW (Max Take Off Weight)
You will find your MTOW in «Weight and Balance»

I suggest the following numbers (Boeing 747-400) for a flight from KLAX to EDDF:

380 passengers
288000 lbs Fuel
22000 lbs Cargo

Cruise climb
With those numbers and not step climbing, the max cruise altitude is 31000 ft. Your VS should be around 1500-1600.
(By using step climb you can reach a higher altitude and get a better fuel economy)

Speed
245 kts to 10000 ft, 300 kts to 28000 ft, then cruise speed M 0.84-0.86

Trim
Positive trim: 70%
When you reach cruise, trim the aircraft until the pink line on the trim button is gone. You will see a decrease in fuel flow when you have correct trim.

Fuel burn will decrease as your aircraft gets lighter, don’t worry if your ETE is red in the beginning of flight.

3 Likes

Of course but I’m talking in basic terms to assist this user, the reason he is stalling is because he is too heavy. If he wants to reach those high cruise alts which in turn save fuel then yes. Stop climbing will save minimal amounts of fuel but it will mainly stop you from falling out of the sky!! 😂

4 Likes

Thanks guys I just completes the same flight with ease,
Main problem was I was over weight and didn’t do any step climb.
I will look on more tutorials for using trim because I am still a little confused about that.
Thanks everyone

4 Likes