Why does infinite flight use 6GB?

i am just curious, in my 128gb ipad pro, infinite flight used 6.5gb of my ipad
it says app size 80mb and data is 6.55gb
what cost alot of storage space?
i just need an answer, as i have still have 30gb left in my ipad

1 Like

yer im not sure but because my iphone at the moment i have loads of storage so this aint a big deal but when i used to have my old iphone with only 16gb IF alone using 6gb left my phone around 5gb for photos and other apps.

Because i dont know why it uses so much i think its from downloading aircraft and the loading of the scenery around you

2 Likes

alright thx buddy

2 Likes

This is just a guess, but I think it is because of global, The whole globe is in the the game. It’s huge. Of course it would take up lots of space. And the other thing is probably downloading all the aircraft. They would take up a lot of space.

4 Likes

From my understanding it all comes down to how many planes & liveries you have installed. They all take up space along with I’m guessing cached region data. Most of global is run at FDS’ end.

The base app will be the 80mb you are talking about ie default planes & possibly regions.

3 Likes

The aircraft is basically the only data permanently stored on your device, so that’s what is taking up the space :)

If we were to download the entire Globe to your device, 128GB would not last long :)

15 Likes

As what schyllberg said, the aircraft is the only data permanently stored in the device, Global is not stored.

2 Likes

I have all the aircraft suto downloaded in my device at it only take up about 1gb.

2 Likes

Not long ago I created a post asking people who used the sim regularly how much space IF was taking on their devices and the average on regular users was around 6GB when IF released version was 18.4. Most of it is planes and liveries. If you attend a busy airport your phone automatically starts downloading everybody´s planes that are close to your position so that you can visualize everybody correctly. That is how it works, I think.

3 Likes

Thé thing I do is sometimes just delete and reinstall.

2 Likes

oh no, really? should i buy a new one?

I think you misunderstood me :)

We’re not planning on having users download the entire Globe.

2 Likes

alright, i understand now 😍🙏

Like you said the app alone when you download it is 80MB. It is all the addons that come with it, eg downloading all the planes, graphics etc. Im almost sure thats why. Hopefully this helps you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.