Why does every aircraft have a different texture style?

Photo is not mine, it is from Henrik003’s topic

So, why is one “United” darker than the other? What’s up with the orange instead of gold on the 777? Why is the A330 so DARK?

I understand the SAS fuselage is grey, but it should look much whiter under the current conditions. Not to mention the “Scandinavian” lettering is also way too dark.

My question is basically why was there not more effort to make everything the same? I understand when the stuff is being added in new updates but why does only one plane get it, and the rest are still at different stages?

10 Likes

Replicating the way sun looks on aircraft ain’t easy

1 Like

i’m pretty sure the united liveries are just 2 different liveries for united, however I do see what you mean with the SAS

the United 787-8/9/10s are a little different. It can be known by the curve of the Gold line below the windows. I also know this because I flew the 787-9 and the B77W from United Airlines.

1 Like

You guys aren’t getting what he means. My guess is that there are 3 different types of textures: Old reworked textures (as seen on the 787 and older planes like the 767), New reworked textures (as seen on the 777, A350, 757…) and post-21.1 textures (A330 and soon A220)

10 Likes

Hop into a United plane in IF, then look at the golden stripe of old aircraft (for example the 767) and then compare that to the for example 777, you will see the 777s stripe is orange, the 767 has the right color, aka gold, not orange.

1 Like