Why Does Emirates Not Have Small Aircraft?

I wouldn’t know anything about this, but adding other aircraft types to your fleet means extra facilities and personnel for maintenance and more spare parts and so on. That could be very expensive and could cost more then letting an aircraft you already own fly not entirely full.
But again, I wouldn’t know. Just guessing.

1 Like

Emirates supported Flydubai during the initial establishing phase. But Flydubai is not part of The Emirates Group

Fair point…however FlyDubai is owned by the Government of Dubai as is Emirates Group, so there are tangible links

1 Like

Why don’t they have flight Dubai to Abu Dhabi? There should be thousand of people travelling between two cities

Etihad might be doing that I know Qatar fly to Dubai

1 Like

Cause they can, like I can go and by a large coffee and not by a small tea

1 Like

Yes but how many people can drink a bit of the coffee and how much money will they pay will you make a profit or is the small tea more financially viable. Haha I don’t even know where I’m going with this

1 Like

In short
Emirates = UAE = Money
That’s why.

2 Likes

They have saabs…

Whoops was thinking eithiad

The distance is too short (Better to take a car or a bus). Dubai’s Southwest border is next to Abu Dhabi’s Northeast and vice-versa. They’re Neighbouring Cities

It’s a same case with Hong Kong-Shenzhen and Singapore-Johor .

1 Like

Bigger planes = more profit.

1 Like

What if they made another airport in Dubai

Even Saabs are part of their subsidiary. (Air Berlin)

1 Like

Emirates has one A319 for their executive fleet.

Etihad have a regional division with a small plane.
https://www.etihadregional.com/it-it/

1 Like

well if you read the different comments, you will notice that they make comparisons with ethad, Qatar and other company, it was just a comparison with competing companies in emirates.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

They already have DWC Airport

Short Answer: They don’t need them.
Long Answer: Insert massive analysis of EK’s business model with particular attention to economies of scale here

1 Like