Why do you dislike Airbus?

So at school I’ve got to do some persuasive writing on my least favourite thing and I decided to write about Airbus as my least favourite thing because why not. But I need some good reasons of why to dislike them.

So what are your reasons of why you dislike Airbus?

(Please rename title to something better if you wish to. I didn’t know what to put)

P.s this is also for a bit of fun. Don’t take the arguments seriously! This is also for my persuasive writing but it isn’t going to a serious piece!

14 Likes

I like airbus but I ride Boeing more;)

3 Likes

Long haul aircraft are not great - not enough cargo space. To tell the truth, there isn’t really anything ‘bad’ about them. All aircraft have advantages and disadvantages.

12 Likes

Exactly what I need @DipperDolphin!

2 Likes

Good on you for finally making the switch to the haters club.

5 Likes

Clearly the sidestick. The yoke is much more feeling the aircraft power in your hands.

9 Likes

Yes, agree with you here.

2 Likes

I dislike it because I cannot buy one and place it in my garden and because there is no flight direct to mars :)

3 Likes

Focus on the time frame of 1999 - 2005. The ego driven executives who launched the A380 and made the supply chain overly complex.
I mean the road convoys and putting wings on boats and barges. Ego ahead of profit.

Slate them for not taking the simple route of manufacturing most of it in Toulouse.

And look up an executive called Noel Forgeard and his insider trading prosecution. Juicy stuff there too…

Basically upper management in the A380s early days are easy pickings if you want to grumble about them.

Have fun!!!

3 Likes

I like where this is headed (ಥ﹏ಥ)

1 Like

Both companies are good, but I love Boeing 😄

4 Likes

Because they gave up on Concorde

3 Likes

The side stick control comes to mind as a potential weakness of the airbus design… after i saw a documentary on Air France Flight 447.

Copied the below from wikipedia…

In April 2012 in The Daily Telegraph, British journalist Nick Ross published a comparison of Airbus and Boeing flight controls; unlike the control yoke used on Boeing flight decks, the Airbus side stick controls give little visual feedback and no sensory or tactile feedback to the second pilot. Ross reasoned that this might – in part – explain why the handling pilot’s fatal nose-up inputs were not countermanded by his two colleagues.[234][236]

In a July 2012 CBS report, Sullenberger suggested that the design of the Airbus cockpit might have been a factor in the accident. The flight controls are not mechanically linked between the two pilot seats, and Robert, the left seat pilot who believed he had taken over control of the plane, was not aware that Bonin had continued to hold the stick back, which overrode Robert’s own control.

3 Likes

Nope, I have never see a pilot with two hands an the yoke (on boeing).
And the sidestick is so… Clean :p

1 Like

If your captain push to the ground the yoke without reason… PRAY
but on Airbus, there are a magic bouton B)image
just under the chrono :p

3 Likes

I have seen a documentary stating that the automatics systems onboard the A 320 who ditch into the Hudson river (US Airways flight Cactus 1549 Capt. Sullenberger) contributed to save the lives of the passengers and crew. I think that the man who pilots the plane is more important than a cockpit design

5 Likes

This makes so much of zero sense.
If you should write a comment on your least favorite thing, write one on your least favorite thing, not about something you actually love and then ask forum users for arguments.

You make no sense at all.

12 Likes

Spoken like a true Bureaucrat

Could probably mess you up a bit if you’re right handed but you use the stick on the left as captain or if you’re left handed and you use your right hand on the stick as copilot

1 Like

I feel Boeing has more experience building aircraft and their aircraft have a very good safety record compared to Airbus

2 Likes