Why do people hate Spirit Airlines?

I’ve been looking thought comments recently and it seems mostly everyone dont like the Airline.Why?

5 Likes

It’s the Ryanair of America. Except, they only use Airbus.

16 Likes

yep haha, the only reason ryanair use boeing is because they get much bigger discounts. maybe spirit should switch although they probably don’t order enough aircraft to be in for a big discount anyway

6 Likes

Generally, people don’t like poor customer service and being nickel and dime’d for everything extra they want. However, a lot of this is because they don’t know what they’re getting when they go into it by booking a $20 fare.

6 Likes

If Spirit switched to Boeing they’d get even worse reviews. The airbus enables 18" wide seats which is tolerable even though the seat pitch is still atrocious at 28". Typical Boeing seat width is 17" as they use a slightly narrower frame width.

2 Likes

Most people don’t generally like ultra low budget airlines. It really gets rid of the whole “flying experience” in my opinion.

4 Likes

They are pretty cheap though…

2 Likes

Spirits choice of livery makes me cringe.

5 Likes

Spirit is a low fare airline. But, it has bad seating arrangements, for it is tight in the cabin. They make you pay for your luggage. Also, they offer food, but you have to pay; also, the food isn’t very good.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why people hate Ryanair too. It was our primary airline through Europe for 4 years, we could fly a family of 4 to Spain or Italy for €40 there and back. Service wasn’t the best but can’t complain when it’s so cheap.

1 Like

I have some friends who have flown with Spirit before, they told me that the airline is vert cheap, although the seats were a little bit uncomfortable for them. Spirit flies to Panama from KFLL.

1 Like

Yeah, so I’ve heard.

1 Like

You get what you pay for. If you’re gonna complain about uncomfortable seats on a budget airline then fly with someone else. Its crazy how needy some people are.

How is it crazy?

The fact the some would knowing book a flight on a cheap budget airline and then base how their perception of that company on seat comfort is doesn’t make sense to you either right. Like you have to expect that you aren’t gonna have all the luxuries of a regular airline for price you’re paying. It seems that people don’t understand how budget airlines position themselves in a market.

Yes, I agree that Spirit is a cheap airline but I still like it. Now a days, some people just don’t know what low cost mean. Low cost don’t mean you need the best comfort or the best snacks but at least it helps the passengers save money. Really, I never flew on Spirit before but that would be a low cost airline I would trust “Unless it’s Southwest”

"What goes around , comes around " You spend $10 on a ticket , expect $10 service. One of my pet peeves is when someone complains about how bad a low cost airline is , it is in the name, low cost ! Don’t expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you …

2 Likes

When I get the chance, I prefer Southwest over spirit as both fly into my local airport and both fly to airports my family are near.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.