Why Concorde may be back in the air by 2019

I don’t know this is a good news for passengers. But it’s good news for spotters, If the plans goes ahead. ;) Just wait 4 more years. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34301689

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I don’t see this happening; it’s lost any certification it had, parts aren’t made anymore, etc… For that budget and timeframe, they’d be lucky to have the display Concorde setup in London, but I just can’t see it flying sadly.

8 Likes

Yeh it look like 75/25 chance. You hear this sort of stories from passionate football fans.(when club in trouble, thy take over from evil boss :p). In reality passion and business 2 different thing.

I, sadly and reluctantly agree with you…

No chance of this happening.

Too much $. Not enough spare leftover parts. The tycoons that bought these just to display them in their mansions likely won’t want to part with them unless at an exorbitant cost given the size of their egos and greediness. Refurbishing parts would cost a crapton of $. Getting the permission to authorize a flight would take forever.

Purely wishful thinking/clickbait

1 Like

True and then people start complaining about noise and global warming and all that stuff. That I think needs to be considered

would love to see that. Gonna be rare for americans, since airlines don’t buy new/expensive aircrafts.

1 Like

I don’t believe it will ever be back. The Concorde was a design of excellence. The Concorde reigned it day back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. It was a great aircraft and the sad story is, it is possibly never to come back. It had a life, people dreamed of it and it died. It had a good service with Air France and British airways. Sometimes, you have to let it go… You know?

1 Like

No, no, no, no! Imagine an Avianca Concorde, or an Aeroflot Concorde, a Thai Airways Concorde, a Turkish airlines Concorde, an Asiana Concorde, an Air New Zealand Concorde (wonder what it would look like, since the all blacks livery would burn up in the sky). That would be like putting an American airlines livery on a Tupolev 154.

1 Like

I know it’s an FSX Picture, but AA TU154 like this?

(not my photo)

1 Like

To get an idea of what an Aeroflot Concorde could look like, have a look at their Tu-144s. Closest you can get

1 Like

I think he is talking about the new livery, but yes! That’s the closest you will ever get to an Aeroflot Concorde.

So are you saying that it’s impossible to build such aircraft, that no one would want to fly on one or what?

Pretty much…no one builds the parts anymore, plus it’s gonna have to be as efficient as today’s aircraft that carry 100 people for any airline to wanna make a fleet of it or purchase it.

As if America would buy a Russian aeroplane

1 Like

1 Like

There is (or was) an Ilyushin Il-76/-78 water bomber. I think it’s been impounded though.

Likely a couple An-2s flying with some private pilots too

That was my original point.

1 Like